Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a falling pic but I got to cut trees in the snow for the first time and that was a lot of fun
View attachment 561318
would probably be pretty over it after the 3rd day though

Crazy question, who ya got hauling logs for ya off the island? Only know of one outfit that does is regularly, most of the guys I use won't do it, or charge an arm and a leg.

Hey Neighbor what's up man.
Lots of snow this year. You got snow yesterday? Last year the flowers were out already.
Neighbor?! where are you at??
and heck yeah we got three inches in 3 hours on Monday, the roads were a shi#t show hahahah
Been a great snow year for us but its defiantly starting to look more like spring than winter around here

Crazy question, who ya got hauling logs for ya off the island? Only know of one outfit that does is regularly, most of the guys I use won't do it, or charge an arm and a leg.
There is a fellow named Rick (i think) on the island who owns a truck and hauls logs for us and a bunch of other folks regularly. I could get his contact info if you're interested.
and yeah no surprise they charge an arm and a leg... damn ferries are expensive!!

Neighbor?! where are you at??
and heck yeah we got three inches in 3 hours on Monday, the roads were a shi#t show hahahah
Been a great snow year for us but its defiantly starting to look more like spring than winter around here
I'm from the south end of the Big Big Island, north of the Gulf Islands. but over on the BC lower mainland now.

oh man were are neighbors... I keep telling myself that Im gunna catch the ferry over to the big island to check it out but still haven't done it yet. I hear great things about it

Did you guys on the mainland get some decent snow on monday?

Not a falling pic but I got to cut trees in the snow for the first time and that was a lot of fun
View attachment 561318
would probably be pretty over it after the 3rd day though

I work in it 5 months out of the year.
6 if we're up even higher.
I'm usually over it before it hits:laugh:

Always pretty though.

One thing I will say, just like skiers love those face shots on powder days. Nothing like dumping a large tree with a full canopy of fresh snow. What a whiteout.
Loggers face shot.

Why did that one need the jack?
The stem was fairly vertical but had some serious limb weight over the back that kept it sky bound. I couldn't get it to take wedges worth a damn and i had a black top driveway and the landowners front yard right behind me. The truck was parked a few tree lengths away so I grabbed the jack, cut a hole, and about 4 cranks later she was ready to tip. I wish I would have done it in the first place because it had crossed my mind before I started sawing.

Latest posts

Back