MS390

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprung22

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Will the dual dawg kit for an ms361 fit an ms390 and what is the part #? Thanks in advance.

Bump!!! After doing a google search a couple threads on here popped up saying that the kit part #1135 650 7750 should work on the 290/310/390 series saws. Can anyone verify this?

Here's another question. This saw will only fire with starting fluid. It runs perfect after that. If I shut it off and restart it it will start on the first pull. If I wait over a half hour it will not start again without starting fluid. Any thoughts? A simple carb adjustment?

If anyone's interested that kit bolts up perfectly. Actually it allows you to use even more bar as it puts the inside spike even further back. Here's a before and after.

Attachments

• IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
Here's another question. This saw will only fire with starting fluid. It runs perfect after that. If I shut it off and restart it it will start on the first pull. If I wait over a half hour it will not start again without starting fluid. Any thoughts? A simple carb adjustment?
Look at the fuel line for cracks. If you find cracks, replace, and rebuild the carb.

It was the wire that went to the on switch. It wasn't allowing me to turn it to the full choke position.

If anyone's interested that kit bolts up perfectly. Actually it allows you to use even more bar as it puts the inside spike even further back. Here's a before and after.

Attachments

• IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
It was the wire that went to the on switch. It wasn't allowing me to turn it to the full choke position.
Makes sense. Once you needed a choke, you never received it. I'm surprised you were able, to start it cold at all. This problem can also crop up if fast idle is never achieved during choke or when switched off choke to the fast idle position.

Latest posts

Back