whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy, that is one hell of a wide notch you got there. I suggest you don't make a habit of that

Other than that looks like a good job, my buddy.
I did that on purpose actually. There is a fence below where I'm dropping out those huge pieces and I wanted the pieces to hit the spar and jump off lol. And boy did they .
All part of the plan boys.

( or was that actually dangerous? Lol)

I used to have a My Buddy doll, I used to make a chippa hoppa out of a box, make a pile a sticks and stand him next to it. I would tell him that I didn't bid the ****ing job to take as long as it did and rakes were coming out of his pay. One time he lost a hitch pin.
Lol that thing looks like a chucky doll

I did that on purpose actually. There is a fence below where I'm dropping out those huge pieces and I wanted the pieces to hit the spar and jump off lol. And boy did they .
All part of the plan boys.

( or was that actually dangerous? Lol)

Well I guess what you were doing sounds somewhat reasonable, however, if you cut deep wide notches in something you want to hinge, well, there is no hinge.

Phone got lit up by the farm owner, apparently I didn't turn the water back on for her daughter's house so I ran back up there early this morning. I put the basement door back on, one thing breaks, another gets fixed and we plod on.

Went to do a "put it on the ground and walk away" for a old client. Half dead English walnut codom. We got there with just a pick-up full of gear and after 20 minutes the plan changed to chipping everything and saving a log or two the old man can try to sell considering its English walnut, more valuable than blacl walnut of course and we plod on.

Ran back for chippah and got more than half it down and chipped by 2 when I went to get my kid then back up to farm for more high-hooded hi-jinx whatever that **** that might mean.

Finally got approved by work comp to have surgery to fix my arm so I'll be going into surgery tomorrow. Can't wait for my recovery, dr already said 3 months no lifting at all... oh boy!!!
Just put an offer in on a house, well condo, over the weekend they accepted the offer planing on closing first week of April. That should be interesting, I guess I'll be the guy watching the lady do all the work, haha! I can't wait for condo life no grass to cut snow to shovel no trees to trim. Oh it will be so relaxing walk in the door and have nothing to do! I'm gonna get in so much trouble now.

You all see, when I think I have a bad day and I'm depressed, I read some of the good drs post and realize that I'm pretty well off. Almost as good as visiting a state fair.

That's what we do here, we compare notes to see who has got it the worst.

For me, pulling a job on a Saturday is one of the more lowly things I do, aside from whatever I get into at that farm. But she really is stretched out real nice and the weather is great!

Just hauled in two loads of that English walnut and getting saw mills together. Been using a big Pequea dump trailer for logs and sometimes chips. You can only load big equipment on that, can't get the mini on without doing something of what I don't know. The ramps just don't go that narrow and if the ramps aren't right then something is going to get ****ed. So I use another trailer aside from that now my dump truck is down. I actually do have a set of truck ramps that sit on the ground but they are heavy as hell and would always be in the way. I have had to many projects I would have rather done than fix that thing since it broke last fall. I know its a pipe dream to want to use only one truck but I am living it presently. And considering its so old it doesn't have AC I might let it ride til next fall if I get slow enough.

So one truck, one chipper, two trailers...

Its fine I suppose, I stay close to home when I work, like I have been in my own neighborhood since last year. No joke!

We had to push the chippah in with the mini and move the client's trailer and would have had to come off the truck to do it. I usually go around and get everything on the job before we go do it. And a lot of times we just blow it in the woods. It would be nice to consolidate one of these trailers.

So anyway I just left a trailer and the chippah right there on the guy's front lawn and came home. **** this Saturday ****, there are all the bikers on the road, the ones with the loud engines and the ones without. One is to noisey, the other to slow. Its not like a weekday.

Going into Philly, stay the night and have gym meet in morning. I think I might stroll the city a bit and see all the new stuff. The place where the convention center is used to be DOC JONHSON'S adult shops and dirty Chinese restaurants, couldn't drive straight down the road it was so worn out. They built it new in the 90's and have since added a lot of outdoor art and other refurbishments, might not even need a gun! Wife and kid already there I am going to take the train, I am about 30 miles out on rail then another 10 to get to the station.

So anyway I just left a trailer and the chippah right there on the guy's front lawn and came home. **** this Saturday ****, there are all the bikers on the road, the ones with the loud engines and the ones without. One is to noisey, the other to slow. Its not like a weekday.

Going into Philly, stay the night and have gym meet in morning. I think I might stroll the city a bit and see all the new stuff. The place where the convention center is used to be DOC JONHSON'S adult shops and dirty Chinese restaurants, couldn't drive straight down the road it was so worn out. They built it new in the 90's and have since added a lot of outdoor art and other refurbishments, might not even need a gun! Wife and kid already there I am going to take the train, I am about 30 miles out on rail then another 10 to get to the station.

I luv your post's,, I wish I could put them on my Kindle,,
Jeff :cool:

So many beautiful day's ,
For those of you that have not seen my old posts,
around this time each year, I post a pic of a truck load of saw's that the owner brings me,
so you know I will again in a couple days,
I have been in this biz so long and had a lot of boss's and owner's, and just plain greedy assholes trying to make a buck,
took me many years to find the owner of a company that holds you to the fire, and then reward's you,
I guess that is why I always say 'it was a beautiful day',
Jeff, :cool:

The hotel room was fabulous, it was just me and my wife, a chair, an ottoman by the widow of the skyline while smack dab in the middle of it. The convention center is built from the old Reading Railroad shed 18 rails wide 4 blocks long and 4 stories above motor traffic. Where once was ticket booths is a vast marble floor covered by a huge arch made of the original steel hoops.

It went up another few stories where the trains used to be, 18 lanes of trains. Shut down in 1984, I actually used to ride trains from there though I rode the other lines a lot.

I came in on a train a few levels under this which was at least four stories above motor traffic. I snuck up to the main ballroom which used to house the trains and smoked a J, then went up to the very top of the arch through doorways and such. They redid the arch with wood as the first base then covered in tin or aluminum.

I got off the train that I took to get there and got a bottle of Arbor Mist in a paper bag and went strollin round the Marriott checking everything out before catching up with my wife. The Marriot building looks like a alien fortress at night.

Ground floor is the farmer's market which was quite busy even today.

This is third time we have been to a gym meet down there, it makes me want to move back down there or take a vacation there.

Philly has so much and its pretty small and easy to get to. When I lived there I could get around underground as well as above. Philly in summer though! A young man's dream! Straight or gay I tell ya! It don't matter, you come to Philly you are gonna get laid pretty easy this I know.

Anyway, my girl did poorly and bawled like ***** about it but still got 3rd in floor and was up on the podium with the team that dominated so it was nice to see that even at her worst she can still hang with the best. When I pick her up tomorrow from school I want to tell her to lose better or quit.

I know she was cranky to be up so early trying not to fall off of a balance beam much less do a cartwheel on it. That's why we stayed the night, when I get up its a few hours til I can be around people. I can do stuff but depending on what it is its probably better if I wake up first cause at least I will pull a muscle.

I wanted to stay longer it was such a nice day but came home and moved my chippah off that guy's lawn. Tomorrow, the loader and back to the farm to work on the house.

Today was not beautiful, I can't keep anything in my stomach long enough to let the drugs kick in. So this recovery thing isn't so great

You better stop being a ***** and get them drugs in you boy! Have you tried snorting? I'll bet you took them without eating. You gotta try to at least eat some bread with drugs man, eat it before to get it down and pad your stomach then put the pill on top of it and then just concentrate on breathing and relaxing.

Latest posts

Back