Got some saw time in

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtboy

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
A beauty of a day yesterday, had to get out and do some cutting. I have a row of maples along a gully on my property that are dying out, I have no idea why. Past few years the crowns got thinner and they start rotting from the top down, and when its windy they break off. Took 2 down last year and got 4 more-well, now 3 more to take down. Anyhow, the only way to drop this one was across the gully. Gully has steep sides and with the help of my wife was able to get the smaller rounds up the side. Now to figure out how to get the rest up. Tree is about 23" at the base.

As soon as the mud is gone hope to get back and split these rounds I gathered last year.

Attachments

• tree1.jpg
    tree1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 40
  • rounds.jpg
    rounds.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 41
I'm real anxious to get out and restock the wood pile. Another couple of inches of snow last night, and more in the forecast. It might be May before the mountains can be accessed. I did start the saws a few days ago and ran them for a couple of minutes. It wasn't very satisfying. :(

Latest posts

Back