lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a pic of my bike. I got it off the internet, but mine is identical.

2004-R1150RT-black.jpg

there dam nice my dad has one but in blue.

The ABS braking on mine is so powerful, you really have to keep that fact in mind and respect it. It has a brake modulator, so it's like having power brakes.

In all the years I've had it, I think that I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually used the rear brake on it. It's just too damn sensitive and powerful.

The ABS braking on mine is so powerful, you really have to keep that fact in mind and respect it. It has a brake modulator, so it's like having power brakes.

In all the years I've had it, I think that I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually used the rear brake on it. It's just too damn sensitive and powerful.

that is what my dad has also sead im not to keen on abs on bikes

Can't comment on ABS on bikes. Never owned or rode one with, seems like a damn good idea. Had both ends locked up more than once, still hit the idiot that turned in front of me, and the deer.
If'n it"ll stop ya faster, I'm all for it.
Educate me on the down side, would really like ta know.
Don

that is what my dad has also sead im not to keen on abs on bikes
We switch off ABS when not on pavement. It's a bad feeling when you come around a sharp corner, hit a washboard surface while braking and the ABS kicks in. Your deceleration plan using the brakes goes out the window halfway through the corner.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Some of the older BMW's had a switch that you could turn the ABS on / off with. But, as far as I know, the new ones don't.

I do believe that BMW did re-configure the ABS control module on models after 2004. I could be wrong though. I had heard that that they made it so that the brakes weren't as sensitive.

I've owned Japanese bikes most of my life. I know them well. This was my 1st BMW, and to be honest, it'll be my last. It can be quirky at times, as most European bikes can be.

Gonna do my best, to give my kid, exposure to motorcycling on the street.

Attachments

• IMAG0644.jpg
    IMAG0644.jpg
    849.7 KB · Views: 38
My soon to be 17 YO, was ready to try the yellow one. Minnesota gave us a nice day Sunday to let her give it a try. She did 20 miles on it, and now, the red one will be going on craig's list.
I have a Video but can't upload it, yet.
Sure do love this winter thaw.IMAG0663.jpg

63007521ed5d140b040c283cdb283f2f.jpg

View attachment 559597

'77 kz1000. Restored, painted a non-factory color to match my Trans Am.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back in 1977, I bought a new 1976 KZ900. The dealer had removed the spoked rims and installed Lester mag rims on it. The rear was a 5.00x 18. He also put a king / queen seat on it and some Jardine weed burner pipes that had a slash cut on them.

The dealer had basically transformed it into an LTD, even before Kawasaki came out with an LTD version. I had a buddy who worked in a chrome plating business, and I was able to get a lot of the engine cases / covers chromed for free. I even had the swing arm chromed.

Man I loved that bike. But, in 1982, I traded it in on a new Kawasaki GPz-1100. Back then, money was tight, so I couldn't buy a new bike outright without having one to trade in. Seems like I had to do that for a long time.

There's a lot of bikes that I wish that I could have kept. :(

One of the most cherished road bikes I've ever owned, was a 1982 Honda CBX Super-Sport. I bought it used and it only had 1800 miles on it.

I bought it from it's original owner who bought it brand-new. I think I bought it in 1997 or so. It cost me $1900.00

The bike was big. It was tall, it was long, and it was wide. Beings that it was a six-cylinder, it was as smooth as could be. I had more comments and compliments on that bike than any other bike I've owned. Even HD owners liked it. People that weren't even into bikes would ask me about it.

Anyways, I sold it for far more than I bought it for. At the time, I thought that I was doing the right thing. Looking back now, I can clearly see that I *ucked up.

Here is a web pic of one. Mine was identical to it.

1982_Honda_CBX_Supersport_White_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg

Back