1st pair of spikes? Which ones on a budget

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GRCS. Don't use mine every day but couldn't make it without it.

I started out on Klein spikes. Quite uncomfortable. Been on Bashlins with Super pads for 15 years. They're my favorite so far. I have a brand new pair or Geckos. Been on them 15 min. They hurt so bad I had to come down and swap back to my Bashlins. You get what you pay for with saddles. I'm in the market for a new one myself right now. I have a Couger that I recently Ligered. It's pretty good for now. Still have a few of the older Weavers. They're ok for a couple hours.

Ive got aluminium distel geckos, best spikes ive ever had and well worth the extra $$ to save your knees getting worn out so quick

I'm on the Klein offset gaffs ($200 even at a local construction safety warehouse), they grab great but try and twist on my leg on knobby areas. I bought a pair of neoprene ankle garters (used for holding your pant legs down in waders) from Academy and stretched them up around my upper calf and that seems to help with the twisting and discomfort.

Latest posts

Back