Archer Saw chain, made in Australia

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was looking for 1 loop of 3/8 .050 84DL Chisel and Archer was best price at $19 but Oregon 72LGX was only $21.45. I'll stay with Oregon for so little a price difference.
Has anyone tried their tie straps/presets? I don't see them for sale like you do chains and bars on ebay.
IIRC you can make that loop for $7.82 using Archer bulk at $149/100'. The presets/ties are only listed as included with bulk rolls from what I've seen.

The archer plus fella is easy to talk to through eBay I've spoken with him a few times. I bought some random things from him. Rim sprockets and random things I can't remember. He replied to me quick and combined shipping seemed to be an ok dude. I've not run the chain but may get a loop of 3/8 skip

I used it with a 2094 and 36'' powermatch bar and it did well...2094 is an oil slinger...used it on 30'' cottonwood 9' long...didnt struggle much and not much stretch afterwards...doesnt seem bad but the links look kinda thin...but for the price it worked great and ill use it till it breaks or runs out of tooth...$250 for 100' roll sounds nice too

I used it with a 2094 and 36'' powermatch bar and it did well...2094 is an oil slinger...used it on 30'' cottonwood 9' long...didnt struggle much and not much stretch afterwards...doesnt seem bad but the links look kinda thin...but for the price it worked great and ill use it till it breaks or runs out of tooth...$250 for 100' roll sounds nice too
There's 4 100' rolls of semi 3/8 063 left for $149 delivered on ebay.

There's 4 100' rolls of semi 3/8 063 left for $149 delivered on ebay.
Im gonna look into it...cant beat that price and its not like im hammering the saw on the mill...even if there is better chain it wont get the job done in lightning speed...its a slow job so plan on taking your time and keeping things clean and sharp no matter what chain or saw used on the mill

Im gonna look into it...cant beat that price and its not like im hammering the saw on the mill...even if there is better chain it wont get the job done in lightning speed...its a slow job so plan on taking your time and keeping things clean and sharp no matter what chain or saw used on the mill
I'm planning to re-profile a 42" loop and see how it does. Jump on the semi if you're needing some as all the other Archer is $209-$300 iirc.

PS, Just checked the 3/8 chisel is $209 so still a bargain vs others. The factory grind pic looks very sharp.

BTW in answer to an earlier question, a "rort" is a scam, a fraudulent or dishonest practice. A term used a fair bit in Australia, often describing the public service and politicians.

I think its right around $2.20 up here and it might go up a little bit after this snow storm passes through

The archer plus fella is easy to talk to through eBay I've spoken with him a few times. I bought some random things from him. Rim sprockets and random things I can't remember. He replied to me quick and combined shipping seemed to be an ok dude. I've not run the chain but may get a loop of 3/8 skip
I tried to communicate with him, sure he writes back but does not answer the question. He has some 25 foot lengths of 0.043 full chisel 3/8lp, I ask are the cutters the same as those on the 0.050 just the chasis lighter like Carlton N4C. How hard is that to answer?

Back