Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep Saskatchewan. 252,000 sq mi, 1.13 million people. Stretches north from Montana and North Dakota 791 miles.
Grains, oil, gas, uranium and potash. Cold in the winter.
The hunting is apparently pretty good. Huge deer and gazillions of waterfowl. Long johns required.

I was talking to him last spring and mentioned I was coming to Canada for a fishing trip in Ontario and he said, "Wow, you must REALLY like fishing".

It's funny what you take for granted when you see it and live it everyday.

@WoodDean Where are you going Dean?

Last June we took a family trip to Brunswick Lake. North of Wawa Ontario about 50 miles. You actually fly off of Lake Wawa in a little bush plane to a REMOTE cabin and stay for a week.
So you gotta pack enough gear and food but most importantly . . . . . BEER!!!!

I've been there twice and the fishing experience is incredible. It's common to catch 30 inch pike but we throw those back, we fish for walleye.
You near Wawa, Tim?

Ok I'm new here. Can anyone tell me about this saw? It's on local Craigslist. It looks rough but it keeps catching my eye.
Thanks for any help, Scott
740befaaba45db6e8e850f611189ab6d.jpg
050d854914a22b8a60d653d8252cfd73.jpg
f1bd2b2b927d8b14019de3c3aa7a4909.jpg
05800477648c48e0f097fb1e91eb08f9.jpg
9da8131bdf5932b192f5c6cb2ef8fb70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a 621. Someone painted the top cover. It was originally silver.
In my opion that bar is waaay too long for that saw. Possibly a 32" hard to tell for sure from a picture. That being said the bar appears to be in good shape and worth as much as the saw.

Last June we took a family trip to Brunswick Lake. North of Wawa Ontario about 50 miles. You actually fly off of Lake Wawa in a little bush plane to a REMOTE cabin and stay for a week.

I've been there twice and the fishing experience is incredible. It's common to catch 30 inch pike but we throw those back, we fish for walleye.
You near Wawa, Tim?

Sounds great Dean. No, I'm about 9-1/2 hours SSE of Wawa near Toronto. As Lee says, there aren't too many people up there.

I did attempt to buy the 80,90,801 stuff that was listed on eBay a few weeks ago. It was mixed in with a 601 and some 5xx junk. The seller decided to keep it all and look for saws to fix up instead of selling or relisting it.
Not sure why I went after it as I can't find the time to finish the projects I have started lol.

I did attempt to buy the 80,90,801 stuff that was listed on eBay a few weeks ago. It was mixed in with a 601 and some 5xx junk. The seller decided to keep it all and look for saws to fix up instead of selling or relisting it.
Not sure why I went after it as I can't find the time to finish the projects I have started lol.

Weird, I was thinking of buying that but for the same reason, I didn't...lol. I can't remember, was it a 'Buy it Now' auction?

Scott's saw is indeed a 621 and as you stated, should be a silver top(you can see the silver poking through).....not sure if cosmetic pieces and covers for that saw swap with anything else. I have a 621 waiting to be my new work saw.

The Windsor bar pictured is ridiculously long(28"?)....probably the practical working max on a 621 would be around 24". That doesn't speak well of the person who was trying to run that bar on that saw, unless they slapped that on there hoping to make the saw look tougher.

Kevin

You near Wawa, Tim?

Not a lot goin' on in Wawa....population 2011 census:2,634....average age 43.7......40% of population not married......20% of population speak the mother tongue-French. My guess is that with the Net and cable link to the world, it would be a living hell as a teenager if you didn't like the outdoors.

Kevin

Back in the day :cheers: on the farm in MO, they would come in the late fall, land in my wheat starts and decimate an entire field(pull up by the roots) and I'd have to go down and shoot a few so they would all disappear. Any warm pre-Xmas we had roast goose....lol! Fish & Game told me to do whatever I had to, to keep my wheat crop.:sweet:

Kevin

Latest posts

Back