Picked up a new toy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ax-man...I've poked around a bit and most of what I found is pretty slow moving. That's cool, it seems like most people involved in this are self-taught. I'm not terribly serious, but who knows what it'll turn into.

Thanks again!

Any good reads on the internet to help me get started?

View attachment 566751
If a Menards is opening in your area ,John Gage will be there 4 mornings and 3 afternoons. Every grand opening John shows up to demo chainsaw carving. Menards doesn't want what he carves so he sells for $150-200 on most. The smallest are $100. After pricing the few day classes on line I took time off from milling an ash & sat to watch and pick up what I could. The way he used the saw helped to see how to avoid accidents. The repetition of the same or similar design also gave ideas that may have stuck lol. Just a thought from what I ran across. carve safe

Dang....had to go look. I'm not hopeful for an opening....looks like the closest stores are 8+ hours away

The grand opening was less than a mile from the ash I was slicing the log of. Flyer spoke of chainsaw carving demo. Since the existing menards are that far away, there is a higher probability of one showing up closer. The previous opening was 60-70 miles away and wasn't that interested. Have only been in a few times that week. Try the $2-500 coupon ,got $2 off gallon of B&C oil, and look about, and mostly to go P while john spoke with audience. What was seen earlier & pricing keeps me away.

Back