• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Husky Small Mount 16" Roller Nose Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like you have a D176 bar mount, which is 8.0mm.
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/craftsman-roper-3-7.285229/#post-5517460
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...be9970357dbcb17f88256e0e001f67e3?OpenDocument

The small Husky is 8.2mm, just a tad larger. It should be easy enough to make your bar work.
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...eb5cdbe2ec67964188256e0d00525d23?OpenDocument

Let me know what gauge the chain is and how many DL it is.
Pictures when it's done in this thread please :yes:.

Two things. One the roller nosed bars are lod school and the bars were mostly longer then. Two the small mount husky (like the 350, 346 etc right) were, I think a later development and the rollers were mostly gone by then. You will probably have to adapt an older one to fit. Here are some for you to consider. The short one is 16 inch and the others go up from there to 20 inch. I have a few larger but that is all the smalls I have. Mike
rollers.jpg

Two things. One the roller nosed bars are lod school and the bars were mostly longer then. Two the small mount husky (like the 350, 346 etc right) were, I think a later development and the rollers were mostly gone by then. You will probably have to adapt an older one to fit. Here are some for you to consider. The short one is 16 inch and the others go up from there to 20 inch. I have a few larger but that is all the smalls I have. Mike
View attachment 568643
Have you found that most are solid and can be cut to the length you want and the tail milled/reshaped for the mount/oiler you want.

What gauge and mount is that 16"?
Brad, that one on the bottom is a Poulan mount, the old A058. It is a 5/16" slot and will work on the small Husky bar studs ok. The oiler holes will not line up but you can probably deal with that by filing the adjster holes up into the bar groove and it will oil through the adjuster holes that way. Seems those older 16" bars didn't use the standard 60DL chain, more like 58 if I remember right.

The tail is a little bigger then the K095 mount but that might be good depending on the sprocket your running as the K095 tail is kinda small.

Here is a picture of a D176 mount on a Husky 350, the D176 is a later version of that bar pictured, see how it oils through the adjuster holes?

100_4220 (Medium).JPG

Here is how much room there is with a 3/8's chain and that tail size.

100_4219 (Medium).JPG

The bar above it if I'm not mistaken is the Roper mount used on the Sears sportster saws and it a 17". As you can see its a bit smaller tail and can be adapted likewise and is a 5/16" slot also.

See some that can be made to work like I did this one Brad.

2071bar011.jpg
2071bar002.jpg
2071bar023.jpg
2071bar013.jpg

View attachment 568643

Got any in 3003 mount?

Back