Help to remove sprocket on Stihl 090G

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steffen

Collect old Stihls. Contra, 07, 08...
Reaction score
Can anyone help with a good puller to the job or an easy way to remove the chain sprocket??

Its a very tight fit, and i dont have at puller there can fit in there.

Help please :)

Did you try to heat the sprocket?
DSC_0157.jpg
Or you take the angle grinder...

I would like to reuse it ;-)
The bearing is worn, so im rebuilding the gearbox.
But cant get the chain sprocket off...

Can anyone help with a good puller to the job or an easy way to remove the chain sprocket??

Steff, I posted pics of the Stihl puller for this job in the ' Contra info thread' and other members posted pics of pullers they used for the same job in that thread.

Steff, I posted pics of the Stihl puller for this job in the ' Contra info thread' and other members posted pics of pullers they used for the same job in that thread.

did you make this tool i didnt see it in the service manual

Thanks mate.
I dont have a puller that small, but i will try to find a smaller puller that might fit. I dont belive its possible to find the Stihl puller anymore.

They are even harder pulling from a BLK

Got the sprocket off:)
Very easy with the right tool...
Got a puller, at first it was a bit to big to fit the sprocket, but grinded it Down to fit and it worked very well!

Attachments

• IMG_0244.JPG
    IMG_0244.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
Anyone knows what the correct oil is for the gearbox? Im rebuilding mine, and cant find the spec. in my manual.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back