New Echo?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the 036 and Ms 250. That is a really good two saw firewood plan. Are you wanting to replace one of those or have something in between or smaller? Lol

The 590 TW at $399 with a 5 year warranty is hard to beat, one neg is it is a bit heavy not for a 60cc saw but compared to the lighter 490, if you are considering the CS-490 check out the new 501P, 30 percent more power than the 490, higher rpm, rim vs spur, aluminium handle vs plastic and arguably the best power to weight saw in that class, you would need to pony up another $110 over the 490 but it may be worth it.

The 590 TW at $399 with a 5 year warranty is hard to beat, one neg is it is a bit heavy not for a 60cc saw but compared to the lighter 490, if you are considering the CS-490 check out the new 501P, 30 percent more power than the 490, higher rpm, rim vs spur, aluminium handle vs plastic and arguably the best power to weight saw in that class, you would need to pony up another $110 over the 490 but it may be worth it.
The 490 runs a rim from the factory.IMG_20170212_101209.jpg Wish my 590 did to.

correction yes it does the 590 does not, and no Oregon rim assembly that will work on a 590, you can order the 600P rim/sprocket assembly but it is $50
I just cut to heat the house so the 490 is used a lot more then the 590 but if the spur ever needs replaced it will get the rim setup. 590 just got back from being ported today so need to find some bigger wood and run some tanks threw it.

I have several Echo saws right now 360t 330t 370 and 400 they are well made IMO and respond well with a few light modifications, not my favourite saws in my collection but for their small displacement they work very well

Be careful, its pretty easy to fall into the trap of going up one model at a time. And before you know it you are buying something that you didnt want in the first place. A 50cc saw has more capabilities than the average homeowner will ever use unless they are in the wood cutting business.

I hate Echo customer service but love the saws. With help from guys here my remaining CS-400's were muffler modded and retuned. As mentioned above, this is now a saw on steroids.

If I had to pick between my 400 and 490 for long term use, 400 hands down. Just remember, it's a 40 cc saw, not a 60 cc loggers saw.

Latest posts

Back