New member, old equipment- Poulan 2300AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could find the original black hard case for mine, and an original bar lol. Mine doesn't look nearly as clean as the one in the pics, but I will say its been fed a healthy diet of 40:1 since it was new, and last time I popped the muffler and intake off the bore wasnt showing scuffing or wear... might not be as pretty outside, but inside shes golden. I love these little saws something fierce, don't know why I do, but I keep coming back to use mine even though Ive got a newer saw in the garage.

I dont know honestly, Ive always ran 40:1 premix in almost all of my equipment. Id rather be on the safe side, and possibly make a little extra smoke and have to occasionally clean the exhaust and change a spark plug, than possibly cause extra wear on something that Ive spent my time and effort working with. Just my two cents.

I guess I lucked out. My father didn't use this much. Like I said earlier, my grandfather's Stihl 012 AV did most of the small stuff around the farm.

Are you going to leave yours as-is or are you going to crack it open?
It will get the piston and cylinder replaced someday. I'm getting a craftsman 2.0 tomorrow morning. My 3.4/3400 needs a little brother.

Back