362xp with a 372 top end stud mounts....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam08ski

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a 362xp with husky small mounts (same as a 254, 357, 359 etc)

I now have a 372 quad port top end.

Any idea if the mounts can be changed to husky large mounts? or are there collars or the like that can be put on the mounts to allow for a bigger 25" plus bar..

And also do the oil holes still line up if this is done?

I wanna run a 20" bar most of the time, but on occasion it will struggle with just that for what I have to cut..

Any advice/work arounds would be muchly appreicated :)

I'm pretty sure the clutch side case half would need to be changed to get the D009 mount. You'd also need a new clutch cover.

I'm not positive but I thought there was a 28" bar in K095 available. I'm sure there are 24".

Hm. I'm not familiar with any adapter kit, though there could be one. But it seems to me you want a 372, not a 362. You could change out the case, or case half, but someone might wonder why you didn't just sell the 362 and buy a 372.. I've rebuilt a 362 case into a 372, it worked quite well, you just change out the small mount clutch side for a large mount clutch side. Or just tuck in a whole 372 case. Personally, I did it because the 362 clutch side was too damaged to use. It does require a complete teardown, of course, and that's no mean thing. If you do that, though, pm me, I'd be interested in the 362 case or case half. In fact, I've got 372 cases that I'd trade for it, as I have applications for the small-mount case (narrow-kerf micro-miller).

I hope you get some answers that help you here! Regardless, if you end up with a small-mount 362 case (or case half) PM me, I can't think of too many reasons why someone would prefer the small mount (I guess they could have lots of Husky small-mount bars or something), but I'd trade you something good for it. 372 case, an oem top end, etc.

Good luck!

You got options. They have longer small mount bars available. It would make the most sense to me to just buy a longer small mount bar. You can get a 28" powermatch bar in the small mount, if you need something longer than that, you have a Stihl 066 right?

On the 357/359 the D009 bar will not line up with the oil or adjuster hole and the fatter tail will make the teeth contact the chain brake lever and the chain catch.
thought as much...
I'm pretty sure the clutch side case half would need to be changed to get the D009 mount. You'd also need a new clutch cover.

I'm not positive but I thought there was a 28" bar in K095 available. I'm sure there are 24".
I can only find a 24" forester bar
Hm. I'm not familiar with any adapter kit, though there could be one. But it seems to me you want a 372, not a 362. You could change out the case, or case half, but someone might wonder why you didn't just sell the 362 and buy a 372.. I've rebuilt a 362 case into a 372, it worked quite well, you just change out the small mount clutch side for a large mount clutch side. Or just tuck in a whole 372 case. Personally, I did it because the 362 clutch side was too damaged to use. It does require a complete teardown, of course, and that's no mean thing. If you do that, though, pm me, I'd be interested in the 362 case or case half. In fact, I've got 372 cases that I'd trade for it, as I have applications for the small-mount case (narrow-kerf micro-miller).

I hope you get some answers that help you here! Regardless, if you end up with a small-mount 362 case (or case half) PM me, I can't think of too many reasons why someone would prefer the small mount (I guess they could have lots of Husky small-mount bars or something), but I'd trade you something good for it. 372 case, an oem top end, etc.

Good luck!
There is a site over here that sell the correct ID to OD thickness collars although I would be dubious of the oiler working.. I think ill head for the small mount 28" option if I can find one, it's for the occasional big cookies that I am selling off over here in the UK for side table tops. What OEM top end are you talking about 372/371 xtorq or non?
You got options. They have longer small mount bars available. It would make the most sense to me to just buy a longer small mount bar. You can get a 28" powermatch bar in the small mount, if you need something longer than that, you have a Stihl 066 right?
Ah the US has soo many more options on the Husky bars, over here I can only find a 24". Yep I have an 066 but that is now promised to a friend when I have it done and finished. If I had my way and the wife didn't venture into the garage I can assure you the 066 would be staying..

You can use a Echo/Poulan/Mac D176 mount. The tail is the same size as a D009 Husky mount but used a smaller slot. The oiler hole will not line up but it is setup to oil through the adjuster holes as well. I know you can get up to 36" in that mount.

Latest posts

Back