A little humor to the stolen property

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cumminstinkerer

addicted to making my boiler run clean
Reaction score
Not its not tree equipment related but thought i would share. My dad and I used to do farm drainage work together. We had all our equipment on a job about two miles from his place, we had everything lined up and parked for the weekend as it was memorial day weekend. Our case 580K was there along with two dozers and a wheel trench. Stuff is parked about a hundred yards down a county owned minimum maintenance (dirt) road and then back in the field about a hundred yards. My then BIL and I go over to get the backhoe to do some work at my house, get over there and cannot find the backhoe, there is a trail of empty pop bottles, orange marking flags and a log chain laying on the ground but no backhoe. Well I go to pissed off panic mode and we go to pull out to go give dad the news, now bear in mind this dirt road goes down hill pretty sharp about 100 yards from the field gate. As we are headed for the gate I happen to see something down the hill that catches my eyes so we go have a looksy, sure enough its our backhoe, sitting in a rather large mud hole in the road. I mean this thing is buried can't see the back tires, half the hood is in the mud. Long story short they took off down the dirt road cuz there were houses along the other road, thank god for the mud that day, took me two hours of messing around to get the thing out but I got it.

@hanniedog I sure did bout peed my pants laughing so hard, been stuck in that hole many times as a teenager out screwing around, best part is a week later the county guy decides he's gonna grade that road up, grader hits that hole and sinks, he calls another county guy, he brings his grader and sinks. We still had our dozers there so first county guy knows us calls up and we go pull em both out made three hundred bucks on that deal lol.

One morning my VW Passat was gone!

I had left it in gear without the parking brake on and it evidently had crept across the yard about 200ft. and was up against a 2 inch diameter pine. No harm done. Elevation change about ten feet. The initial feeling of missing property hits hard.

@Del_ I had that happen with my cummins sitting idling in the driveway one morning with the gooseneck on it, was throwing wood in the boiler and heard the rattle change a bit. Peaked out the door and no truck or trailer. My driveway is flat but has a hill a bit back from where the rear of the trailer was, guess it was enough, I found it jack-knifed by the barn with the neck about an in deep in the right rear cab post.

Back