Poulan stock muffler ...how to mod..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smcgill

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a stock muffler off of a wild thing 2375.
Is it worth modding?
transformer.gif

What is the best way to do this?
Thanks for your time.

Yes
I came apart real easy.
4 parts
1 front piece
1 back piece
1 baffle
1 screen

If I close the two holes in the back, and cut and long slot in the front above the two bolts ( open it up to point down.
Is this a good way ,with out welding a pipe aiming to the blade, will I notice an improvement other than being louder?

Yes
I came apart real easy.
4 parts
1 front piece
1 back piece
1 baffle
1 screen

If I close the two holes in the back, and cut and long slot in the front above the two bolts ( open it up to point down.
Is this a good way ,with out welding a pipe aiming to the blade, will I notice an improvement other than being louder?
Yes, you will have more performance and it will be loud. I tried a front outlet and thought it was too loud. After 6 different mods the one that performs and is not too loud is to cut a 1/4" by 1/2" opening downstream of each rear louver . This makes the total outlet area about 0.34 square inches .

The stock muffler came apart easily.
Wild%20Thing%20Muffler%201_zpsigxhztkc.jpg

My understanding is to remove the baffle and screen.
I heard of closing these two holes , and opening up the side were the bar is works better.
Wild%20Thing%20Muffler%202_zps1zyyosnd.jpg

Now I hear if you just open up these holes (to the right of each ) will work with not so much noise .
I was thinking of putting two hole in the front piece,
Wild%20Thing%20Muffler%203_zps7a1ykypb.jpg

Right above the bolts.
Thoughts

Ok there is no turning back now!
I enlarged the two stock holes on the muffler's case , and cut the back of the baffle out, and made the holes larger on the front!
Modded_zpsetg87ccc.jpg

I'm waiting on a coil so I can con't with this fun project!

Back