Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a free little scrounge today. Some ***hole illegally dumped a load of yard waste. I can't stand people who do this crap. But ended up being a nice little score of hardwood. Looks like Elm to me but I'm not an expert on hard woods. Ran the 350 and 024AVS. The made easy work of the cutting. Splitting Elm is a pain compared to our native conifers.

Don't make fun of my Mercedes wagon wood/kid hauler. With the self leveling suspension you couldn't tell it was back there. I didn't plan on hauling a load. I would of taken my Dodge Cummins if I did. I figure Dancan and a few others using minivans or Subaru will approve.

View attachment 581082
View attachment 581083

Now that's scroungin'! :clap:

So you just 'happened' to have two chainsaws in the back of your Mercedes? There's something you never hear.

I sure wish I had a brother like you lol. I got stuck with 2 sisters:angry:

Well, he does do my tax returns for nothing so it evens out. He considers that he is at greater risk of physical injury in this arrangement than me (what with paper cuts and all). He has never used a chainsaw!

I almost feel guilty about this "scrounge"! A landscaper dropped the wood in my driveway yesterday, and my Dr Al 360 got the call to make some chips, which it did very well!

The same landscaper is supposed to give me some more logs today at another location today .

Yesterday was Maple, today will be Black Birch. I can't complain! I'm also scheduled to drop another Hard Maple (and I take the wood) at another location. (The garden needs sun). The only thing I need is more time!

Attachments

• IMG_20170523_173659996 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20170523_173659996 (Large).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
Come a long / cables / digging bar / PPE / oil / mix fuel / and anything I way need
No more getting to a job and forgetting something at the shop
My sidewalls and toolboxes came with an engine....

Attachments

• 20161006_082247.jpg
    20161006_082247.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 30
40s and rain all day today, and I wanted to scrounge! Got a load delivered I have not even seen yet! (Bl Birch). Have to cut it up and move it.

Tomorrow AM gotta pick up a new (used) BMW X-3 for the wife, then I won't have to fight with her to use the Escape!

Maybe tomorrow PM I will get to check it out (the wood).

Back