Off Road Buggy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just wasting some time on youtube and came across this...might work for you... fast forward to 6:18

View attachment 581072

G Vavra

Yea they are called a canycom. Another local mountain bike club has one. I was looking for something a little more portable and easy to get going at a moments notice without trailers, etc to haul it to the trailhead.

How much money does this bike club have? I'm pretty sure an ATV cert course is only a days worth of time and costs a hell of a lot less then buying a special machine. I think here you can even do everything online.

How much money does this bike club have? I'm pretty sure an ATV cert course is only a days worth of time and costs a hell of a lot less then buying a special machine. I think here you can even do everything online.

The course is free. The problem arises with the machine itself. Who stores it, how to transport it, so on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_20170527_112051.jpg
I am wondering if anyone uses or know who makes an off road "wagon or buggy" used to haul gear into and out of a work site? A powered unit would be best, because sometimes we have to walk 3-4 miles to get to our next location. It would be used to carry saws, fuel, and other gear. Any ideas?
@ auction with what u would use I believe. No mfctr tag but HF has similar w/out sides which can be made.
$80 @ auction with 661 36" bar b&c oil ms 170 in basket added to add perspective.

TSC has similar units "ground work" IIRC from $80 - 150 a lighter gauge xpanded metal in floor etc. $90 & up heavy plastic tub units also at TSC which IMO may stand up better to your usage. Your milage may vary Stay safe

Attachments

• IMG_20170527_090150.jpg
    IMG_20170527_090150.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
Iron Horse

Search for Iron Horse Logging on youtube and you'll see lots of videos of them in action.

They were used a few years ago logging trails in Montana

neat little machine, but probably cost abut 5X what my old Datsun truck is worth <G>

Just thought what about a Suzuki Samurai, geo tracker or amigo something like that wouldnt be much bigger than a side by side and probably a whole lot cheaper.

Back