Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never used a metal piston stop. The service manual never called for one. The 070 manual my buddy provide is the lastest and it gives you the part number to use and it's the same to the Huztl link. This saw is big fellas. Did I say big? Huge. That's a 14mm plug hole so around half inch rope in that cavern of a cylinder. Anyway I bought one to use for those reasons. If I shoot myself I will admit it.

Do you like the saw? Is it working for you? It does not appear big to me. Yes it is bigger than some of my saws. It seems the same as my 075 AV. I will be building my 075 and then compare it with the 070. I do not need the 070 to limb, but cut away at logs only and it seemed to get the job done. Thanks

Got my chains just now. It's cleared and the winds are very high so tomorrow should be a bad day for any tree I find needed some attention
5dd2dd19696959d2226c8a613cd3c490.jpg

I got the new clutch back on mine and torqued properly, may be a mistake but i put some loctite on the crank surface then installed it. I figured id rather have to pull the clutch with a puller or heat the clutch to get it off then have it spin on the crank again.

I stuffed regular recoil rope in the cylinder when i torqued my clutch, it worked fine. I like it better than a piston stop as it puts pressure across more of the piston. Now im thinking i need to check torque on the flywheel nut also.

Yesterday I slipped off and was going to put that bar on. Shoulda seen me. Outboard clutches make that harder that what I am used to. Never got it on between the weight and me second guessing myself at the end of a very long day. This morning I was way behind on stuff and it was beautiful do I got busy and never went back to the saw. Once I dropped that big chain and it knotted straight up. I was laughing at myself the entire time.

First thing in morning I will get that chain on. I felt better about it later when my buddy who is the man when it comes to this stuff thought it was funny too. He said noone wants to do that for that reason.

They called me to pickup my Stihl gray paint and I got it home it had no spray button on it. I bet most people would caught that. Anyway live and learn

Did a quick check today after work, flywheel bolt was good and cylinder bolt were good, hope the clutch dont give me any fits from here on out

The guy that wrote the book on milling says we should check those cylinder bolts on these saws daily. I guess I see why, just stress

Well did some test cuts just a bit ago, so far so good gonna use it tomorrow to flush cut my cypress slab ends well see how it works then.

I can't get my chain on the bar. The bar is suppose to work, but it don't. I know the out board clutches make it harder.

My bar is to far forward if it's to work. How did you adjust yours Boomer?

My holes line up and fit the studs the adjuster fits in the bar, adjuster is all the way back. Chain is in groove, chain moves and is engaged. You see how far off I am. Makes no sense to me.

Attachments

• IMG_20170527_141106.jpg
    IMG_20170527_141106.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Back