stihl won't sell regular chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe he doesnt know how to put a chain on and did want to make a fool of himself

I dunno. They did take it up back and piss rev it for a few seconds. I got it with about 1/2 a tank of gas and a bit of bar oil. I always heard it was supposed to be filled up, but I guess that was changed as well.
When I work on customer saws I'll take it out back and make some cuts with it. Piss revving it doesn't do much good in making sure it's running right. Sure does give an appreciation for a good pro saw over a cheap home jobber. Some I've had to mess with were almost laughable at how slow and gutless they were.

I did notice they don't even stock the evil yellow tie strap chain in the packs, it's all green. They did have normal chain on rolls in the back though.

I don't get how Stihl can think a pro user needs to be coddled.

Nah, I hung up the bar and loop on the wall with the other bars we have for sale. I don't use ebay if I can avoid it.
As far as buying a saw, well used ones were in the $500 area with shipping. Too much for a used saw, new they are $750.

Latest posts

Back