wood shed got a remodel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trapper_Pete

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
it was 8x12 and the roof was starting to sag a bit in the middle being built with 2x4 to hold up the tin.
now it has a wall down the center it is 8 inches on center to make it good to stack against these are the $1.61 studs. on the ground I had 2 ugly but cheap landscaping timbers with a 2x6 pressure treat spanning the two landscaping timbers that gave a good base to build the wall on I had a few 2x4 hanging around and re-purposed a few but in all the wall cost about 30 dollars. but will let me use one side while I fill the other , the left side now is the wood left over from this last season , the right is stuff I just stacked today that has been sitting out for 2 years not covered.

plan being stack the whole shed full when one half is empty fill it back up while using on the other side and not end up with a big pile outside the shed waiting for the end of wood burning season to get stacked , always seems that the instant we are done burning it is to hot to want to work outside

today is however very pleasant in the mid 60s.20170624_114107.jpg

it was 8x12 and the roof was starting to sag a bit in the middle being built with 2x4 to hold up the tin.
now it has a wall down the center it is 8 inches on center to make it good to stack against these are the $1.61 studs. on the ground I had 2 ugly but cheap landscaping timbers with a 2x6 pressure treat spanning the two landscaping timbers that gave a good base to build the wall on I had a few 2x4 hanging around and re-purposed a few but in all the wall cost about 30 dollars. but will let me use one side while I fill the other , the left side now is the wood left over from this last season , the right is stuff I just stacked today that has been sitting out for 2 years not covered.

plan being stack the whole shed full when one half is empty fill it back up while using on the other side and not end up with a big pile outside the shed waiting for the end of wood burning season to get stacked , always seems that the instant we are done burning it is to hot to want to work outside

today is however very pleasant in the mid 60s.View attachment 586890
looks like it will get the job done...nice work...where's the beer fridge ? :rock::rock:

Back