I think I want a reduced weight bar, but...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only had a problem with one Sugihara a long time ago. The oregon and Stihl seem to work fine now.
These were older Still bars where we had issues. Sugihara can be had in my local area if any of you live in the NW Oregon SW Washington area as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

562?

Huskys normally need the bar stud groove lengthened just a touch with a Dremel to use standard length chain with a Stihl bar: it takes about 7 minutes.

That doesn't sound too hard.

I spent today clearing a site for a cabin. Way overgrown. The saw ran great but I was wishing it was a little lighter!

Any site sponser's you guy recommend that sell these?

Nate, @fordf150 sells the tsumara bars, which would be my choice. Great guy to deal with. Left coast supplies sells the Oregon bars. Also great fellers, but I recommend calling them rather than using the online ordering.

As far as the Stihl bars, a local dealer is probably the only way to go. I don't think they're supposed to ship stihl stuff.

Nate, @fordf150 sells the tsumara bars, which would be my choice. Great guy to deal with. Left coast supplies sells the Oregon bars. Also great fellers, but I recommend calling them rather than using the online ordering.

As far as the Stihl bars, a local dealer is probably the only way to go. I don't think they're supposed to ship stihl stuff.

Saw a stihl es bar here at ace hardware for $60.00, thought I hit the jackpot, until I realized it wasn't a es lite!

The only dealer I know of that can ship stihl stuff is Madsen's in Washington.

The only dealer I know of that can ship stihl stuff is Madsen's in Washington.

They aren't supposed to, but that's their business as far as I'm concerned.

Some Stihlers are thieves.

It's also hard to get 0.063" gauge ES lights on this side of town.
462cc55bf78ec7ff64d07e9010efbf99.jpg

They aren't supposed to, but that's their business as far as I'm concerned.

Some Stihlers are thieves.

It's also hard to get 0.063" gauge ES lights on this side of town.
462cc55bf78ec7ff64d07e9010efbf99.jpg
They have an agreement with them since they first got the dealership just like they have stihl and Husqvarna on the same racks.

They have an agreement with them since they first got the dealership just like they have stihl and Husqvarna on the same racks.

No Arguments, but they told me they wouldn't ship to me a few months ago because I have a Stihler in my area.

I had heard the same, but they said no.

No Arguments, but they told me they wouldn't ship to me a few months ago because I have a Stihler in my area.

I had heard the same, but they said no.

Same here. When I was in there last summer they told me they couldn't skip stihl parts. Maybe I don't know the secret password? It's too bad, since Madsen's is a great place to do business with.

Same here. When I was in there last summer they told me they couldn't skip stihl parts. Maybe I don't know the secret password? It's too bad, since Madsen's is a great place to do business with.

I want to go out there & just look around.

The main, longtime saw shop here is basically a lawn mower shop now.

We've got a great Stihler, but he's been in business less than 10 years, & doesn't have that Old Saw Shop smell.

Maybe in 30 years....

It's a pretty awesome place. They've got all the stuff you wish your local place had. They must have two dozen or more different types and sizes of feeling wedges, for example. Not to mention the full lineup of stihl and husky pro saws. And the folks behind the counter are even happy to help with my rudimentary questions.

A picture's worth a thousand words, right?sawdisplay_hp1.jpg

OP: I'm not 100% sure on the bar mount, but I think this is what you're looking for from fordf150. https://performanceoutdoorequipment...tsumura-459fk4-24-3-8-050-84dl-reduced-weight

Unless you need a different gauge, that is.

It's a pretty awesome place. They've got all the stuff you wish your local place had. They must have two dozen or more different types and sizes of feeling wedges, for example. Not to mention the full lineup of stihl and husky pro saws. And the folks behind the counter are even happy to help with my rudimentary questions.

A picture's worth a thousand words, right?View attachment 587016

OP: I'm not 100% sure on the bar mount, but I think this is what you're looking for from fordf150. https://performanceoutdoorequipment...tsumura-459fk4-24-3-8-050-84dl-reduced-weight

Unless you need a different gauge, that is.
It's also one of the few places you can walk in and buy a 42" bar or longer in stock in both mounts.

Latest posts

Back