Toro Dingo TX425 With BMG Grapple Stalling Out Under Load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atothec

Reaction score
Was just wondering if this is normal or if my machine is faulty. When trying to load multiple cross cut sections of logs I cannot seem to keep pressure from the grapple while moving the machine. I understand that it is more for grabbing logs the other direction and letting gravity work to keep the log "grappled" but I'm surprised I can't keep a strong bite while I position and travel. The machine also stalls at full open or full close of the grapple.
I've uploaded a video to youtube to show what I'm talking about.
I'm very impressed with the grapple, They've upgraded all of the points of complaints I've read about: higher grade bolts, grease zerks everywhere, heavier duty hoses and covers, etc. Maybe I'm just not using it right or my machine is busted.
Thanks for any info!
-Andrew

Try installing a check valve into your hydraulic lines that will only let off when sending back pressure?

Atothec, I had the same problem with a grapple, and thought it was a hydraulic leak or had air in the cylinder. The problem
is that the valve on the Dingo isn't meant for grapples. There are two solutions, as CST landscapes suggests, a locking valve
mounted on the grapple or get the Dingo grapple valve, and install it. I had the locking valve installed, and all is wonderful!
I went thru about 3 weeks of communicating with the manufacturer (ANBO), and they were great...but they also didn't
know Dingo doesn't come with a grapple valve. I had my Ditch Witch dealer solve the problem, and install the valve.
It isn't rocket science to install, but finding out what was needed was a scary time!

Back