Christmas in July -- Log Splitter has arrived!!! :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The log splitter arrived early. 4 days early. And was simple to set up. Unfortunately, 481lbs does not ship without something happening. A critical oil line was damaged/punctured as BIG parts had been moving around within the shipping container. I’ll have to be a bit more patient and get the new part from the manufacturer, but that’s okay cause I still don’t have the hydraulic fluid for the machine.

It’s just nice to look at right now, and to think about the time saving and wear’n’tear I won’t be inflicting upon myself when I start splitting my firewood. No more hand splitting! This is going to have me completely reevaluating my wood gathering and seasoning strategy.

Champion25TSplitter 001 (800x600).jpg Champion25TSplitter 004 (800x600).jpg Champion25TSplitter 008 (800x600).jpg

Looks good.
I got the 22 ton. My line like yours is pinched too, but not from shipping. I got it stuck in a rut i feild and piched it. Dont leak so havnt replaced it yet.
Im sure you will enjoy using it.
Post a vid of it in action one ya get it goin.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

I thought it was just pinched, but on close inspection the hole was there. Champion is suppose to have excellent Customer Service, so I expect a new hose to be shipped out first thing Monday after I call them.

Looks good.
I got the 22 ton. My line like yours is pinched too, but not from shipping. I got it stuck in a rut i feild and piched it. Dont leak so havnt replaced it yet.

I thought it was just pinched, but on close inspection the hole was there. Champion is suppose to have excellent Customer Service, so I expect a new hose to be shipped out first thing Monday after I call them.
They do have good customer service.
Mine never came with the log catchers and ther was a little panflit that says they were included. Aparently it wasnt supposed to be included on canadien modles. I called and since i had that panflit thing they sent me out a set within a week.

Curious how it works out after some time with it. Canadian Tire sells them here and I was looking at them before I found a Surge Master on Kijiji. Couldn't find much about them with Google at the time, think they were fairly new on the scene then.

I was checking out my neighbors "Dirty Hand Tools" splitter the other day. More expensive, but has some nice upgrades over this Champion. Front post is swing away vs. Champion which is pin&post. DHT has external hydraulics filter. But lacks dual log catcher, smaller engine, and neither have wheel fenders. All in all this Champion seems like a good deal. Just need to call and get a new hydraulics line sent out to me and get the hydraulic fluids for the machine. I'm starting to get anxious to give this a work out.

One thing you may wanna keep an eye on is the goup they use on the fitting will leak oil on the high pressure line when it really has to work. I took my fittings apart and cleaned and put new locktite brand sruff on and no more leaks.
Mine is about 5 years old. This is the only isue i have really had other then the float stuck once on carb and filled cylinder with gas.

I cut wood for 3 winters out. Freshly cut wood is hard to hand split. I am now experiencing wood that was cut spring 2015 for this winter (2017) is still too difficult to split with reasonable efforts.

With this splitter I can cut for more immediate use as the effort to split is now minimalized. My 3 piles of bucked logs will go down to 2 piles and maybe just 1. I'm thinking that I cut in the spring and split out in the open, then move closer to the cabin in the fall.

I understand changing your processing. What do you mean by changing your gathering and seasoning?

So you are planning on cutting down on your stockpile of wood and maybe only cut one year out instead of 3, or am I miss reading this? Perhaps your just cutting down your bucked stack but still keeping 3 years worth of wood in stock?

Right now, 3 years out. I'll try 2 years out, and if that works then 1 year out.

I'm still waiting on the hydraulic hose replacement and the hydraulic fluid to arrive. It's only been a week, but it feels a lot lot longer.

hose
So you are planning on cutting down on your stockpile of wood and maybe only cut one year out instead of 3, or am I miss reading this? Perhaps your just cutting down your bucked stack but still keeping 3 years worth of wood in stock?

Nice looking splitter. Should serve you well, their generators get good marks also. Once you go hydraulic-you never go back.

I dug out the Iron and Oak to split some big butt ends last week. Reminded me how freaking slow most splitters are. I'm used to the 4 second cycle time if my processor!

DamnIT!!! Where's my hose replacement??? :mad:

The Champion woman/representative, I am dealing with had some "personal" issues, and completely blew off filling out my shipping damage complaint and part replacement request. It was all apologizes this morning and the hose is being sent FedEx 2-Day. At this point I'll believe it when I see it. :nofunny:

I'm about to say F'It and just go buy a hose. I'll wait another 2 days, before making a long drive and buying a new hose at my expense. The hydraulic fluid showed up yesterday, which cause my patience to run out, for me to make the call and find out I was waiting in vain. :chainsaw:

Back