Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got out my completely rebuilt 028 super and it only runs on gas in the carburetor. Carburetor, fuel line and impulse line are all new. Is it possible the impulse hole in the cylinder got blocked with motoseal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aftermarket carb? If so, check the needle. They seem to be off most of the time.

Well sorry I'm so late with this post, but I've been pretty busy with work. I did get to run the Mac 250 in some wood Saturday for the first time. It ran pretty good, although it could have been much better. Restarting took the finger on the trigger and several good pulls which I believe has something to do with the carb. It pulled the 36 with semi skip pretty well. It didn't like the bar completely buried, but it did just fine so long as some bar was exposed on the tip. It was super fun to see those big honking chips flying out of both ends and am quite happy with the Archer chain. It stretched a bit, but it's a big bar so I will cut some slack. The saw cuts slowly, but it has gobs of torque, dog it in and you can barely stall it out. Walking away from it, I learned that I need another wedge banging axe, as I broke the dang handle again, and that two wedges is never enough for cutting. The Mac needs some carb work and I think it will run so much better. Sorry I didn't get any photos or videos, it was late in the evening and I forget to set up the GoPro and then when I did it was too dark.

Latest posts

Back