A Brit in the house...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pictures, I like your color choice for saws. What is that machine in the last picture, can you tell us more about that?
IMG_20160325_090536.jpg IMG_20160325_125417.jpg IMG_20160325_164325.jpg IMG_20160401_130202.jpg

The machine is an Avant Techno, manufactured in Finland I believe, they are a artic steer loader that punches well above their weight, whilst being light enough to be able to be towed behind a 3ton truck, in the UK we have a lot of legislation about licences and weight limits. They can be specced with a massive range of attachments, flails and grabs are mainly what I have used, their website is here: http://www.avanttecno.com/www/
I unfortunately am not lucky enough to own one but I regularly hire them as a back saver on big jobs.

IMG_20160401_084658.jpg IMG_20160502_103958.jpg
With regard to saws I am not particularly biased, however I started out with Huskies so have stuck with them. Have used several Pro Stihls, including a mates 661 (in the pic) and liked them. Put my 346xp alongside a mates MS341 the other day I was surprised that the Husky was a lot more streamlined.

I do not remember the name on them here stateside but have seen similar units on various equipment lots as well as running across some ads for them.

I actually thought that the thread was going to have a cute picture of a New Brittany spaniel -- so you see where my affiliation runs.

Latest posts

Back