MS461 recall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmauster

Secret ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Saw it in the news today. Apparently they are recalling 100,000 MS461 and MS461R for leaking or pinched fuel lines. No injuries or fires have been reported but husky fans rejoice.

Affected models are between 173092800 and 181993952 sold between July 2012 through December 2016

I had my roughly 30 month old MS461 inspected yesterday while picking up supplies. It already has the new style fuel line...

Per the dealer, the old style with the problem has a corrugated appearance and the new line is smooth. The dealer also advised that Stihl hasn't shipped new fuel lines out to the dealers yet to cover the recall.

I had my roughly 30 month old MS461 inspected yesterday while picking up supplies. It already has the new style fuel line...

Per the dealer, the old style with the problem has a corrugated appearance and the new line is smooth. The dealer also advised that Stihl hasn't shipped new fuel lines out to the dealers yet to cover the recall.

The issue was not with the fuel line, it was with the placement of the line. 460.jpg

I would be a little cautious because there is no " new " fuel line. As you can see it is supposed to be routed around the intake boot. Begs the question did they really look at the fuel line....:nofunny:

From my research, the green fuel lines are to accommodate ethanol fuel. I went ahead and changed out my green line the first week I bought my 461R with a ms460 older style. routing was never an issue because it was addressed when I did the upgrade. Never run ethanol gas!

Back