2005 Morbark tornado 13 feed wheel problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bpkeeper

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, im brand new here but im jumping in with both feet. I recently purchased a well used 2005 morbark tornado 13 from a tree company who apparently didnt own a grease gun..... I also bought it knowing the feed wheels didnt work. After some digging i found the auto-feed solenoid valve was shorted internally. I by passed that and got the wheels moving although the move VERY slow and dont react to any rpm increase. I have had the valve apart that feeds the drive motors and everything appears to be normal internally. I have already changed hyd fluid, filters etc and cant get any more speed out of the drives. Any ideas where im going wrong here?! Thanks!

Do you know your machine serial number? I could pull the build sheet and see how it was configured, it is possible that the autofeed valve you speak of it letting some of the flow go back to tank or something.

Sorry it took so long but the notification from this site went to my junk folder. I'll check it out! Is that the number off of the tongue of the machine? I have never ran across one with a letter at the end. The last 5 digits are the most important and should start with a 24. (i.e. 24143)

Back