Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no issue with solar power. I'm not sure how anybody assumed I have an issue with solar power. We should be powering the whole country with solar. What I am saying is I can work all my life, pay taxes and do everything right but go to jail for tax evasion, but in the ghetto you can sit at home and collect welfare for nothing.

IW4TCyO.jpg

I used my scrounged wood to build a fence. Now I just need more wood

Sweet, right next to the road. What's your address? Lol.
Thankfully almost no one around here burns wood so it's a risk I was willing to take. Plus I had to come to an agreement with my wife about where to put it since she doesn't want it killing the grass or other plants. Maybe I just trust in others too much?

Took down 3 decent legs of a dead Ash tree, and a sick Cherry that was in the way. Put a tank and a half through my CFB Hybrid which did the felling and most bucking, and a tank through my MOFO 360 that did the smaller bucking and a little limbing (not much limbing to do, so the the 026 did not see action).

Both saws ran great, but that Hybrid does not like being rich. Just dies when it is rich, and I brought it up to 15,000 and it still almost feels rich (but much better). So much for making it rich for "torque", does not always work!!!

This will work out well. The homeowner wanted the dead Ash down because a neighbor was complaining they were dangerous, but he does not burn wood, and I got someone else who told me she did not need wood this year because she was selling her house, but it did not sell, so now she is looking for some fire wood! Perfect!

When we were finishing up, a neighbor of the homeowner stopped to talk, and the homeowner told him that every tree went down "right on the money"! Always good when that happens, and there would have been some damage if it did not go that way. It was also a little breezy today, so I tied 2 of the 4 just to make sure.

Attachments

• IMG_20170921_145052219 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20170921_145052219 (Large).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20170921_145102678_HDR (Large).jpg
    IMG_20170921_145102678_HDR (Large).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20170921_145112231_HDR (Large).jpg
    IMG_20170921_145112231_HDR (Large).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20170921_145118812 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20170921_145118812 (Large).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
29 degrees C here for the next 4 days. That's about 85 for those of you who don't habla Celsius. Which is pretty much as hot as it gets here in the heat of the summer, let alone mid to late September! I'm not touching a stick of wood, axe, saw, nothing until this passes.

Weather app says Sunday is our last hot day, in the 80's F I think. After that it's all high 60's...I hope. Still be awhile before I'll get too heavy into wood.

29 degrees C here for the next 4 days. That's about 85 for those of you who don't habla Celsius. Which is pretty much as hot as it gets here in the heat of the summer, let alone mid to late September! I'm not touching a stick of wood, axe, saw, nothing until this passes.

Some nights in summer we're happy if it gets down to 29*C.

Some nights in summer we're happy if it gets down to 29*C.
I used to live in the deep south (Mississippi/Arkansas) so I know what hot is. Where I live now, 20 minutes from both Lake Huron and Georgian Bay, the weather is tempered by the lakes. Getting neither too hot or too cold. Usually have a week or so in the summer that we consider hot but not this year until now.

I used to live in the deep south (Mississippi/Arkansas) so I know what hot is. Where I live now, 20 minutes from both Lake Huron and Georgian Bay, the weather is tempered by the lakes. Getting neither too hot or too cold. Usually have a week or so in the summer that we consider hot but not this year until now.
Same here, a hot summer will have maybe 10 days in the 90's now and then we see 100 plus, but very abnormal to see 90 plus right now as we are. I have to do more work at the killer tree house, but I'm not in any rush to get it done in this heat, just taking it easy :havingarest:.

Latest posts

Back