Untreated Rail Road Ties..Cutting and Burning?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a raiload tie factory between muncy and montgomery pa. You bring a trailer or a truck and leave it and they fill it up for $10 with the trimmings, all oak and hard maple. Untreated, they use the sawdust for their boiler. Some pieces are nice, some are thin. You get the good and the bad, but overall for a woodstove work good, just stack them in tight and you have a good overnight fire.

There is a raiload tie factory between muncy and montgomery pa. You bring a trailer or a truck and leave it and they fill it up for $10 with the trimmings, all oak and hard maple. Untreated, they use the sawdust for their boiler. Some pieces are nice, some are thin. You get the good and the bad, but overall for a woodstove work good, just stack them in tight and you have a good overnight fire.
need direction from lebanon,pa
and how far is it from lebanon,pa

need direction from lebanon,pa
and how far is it from lebanon,pa
Not too far.

Directions:
1. Turn off free computer.
2. Stand up from free chair.
3. Walk out of free house.
4. Get in free vehicle.

OOPS, just ran out of free ink, have to wait till I get more, so I can mail free directions, Joe.:cheers:

railroad ties

You might want to hold off on burning them
as they may have been treated with clear
preservative prior to their being used as
cross rail ties.

I would contact a local testing lab to see if
they could simply do a test to determine
if a preservative was used.

The last thing you need is foryour boiler to make
chemical fumes from incineration that would
cause a lot of lung damage and posssibly kill someone
accidently.

:help::msp_thumbdn:

I know where they are coming from..they are raw...

Used Railway ties would also have herbicide residue on them, when some types of them are burnt they can turn into very toxic cancerous dioxins .
Thanski

not to get off topic here, but neighbor had 3 dump truck loads dropped off year before last, all untreated, burned really good, these were about 10x10x10 blocks. he got a deal on them, don't remember off the top of my head but was very happy with them

Derrick, you are spot on topic. All the folks that are worried about destroying the planet and killing their neighbors didn't read the OP's first statement. He specifically said "UNTREATED". The info you have is what we were looking for, Joe.

not to get off topic here, but neighbor had 3 dump truck loads dropped off year before last, all untreated, burned really good, these were about 10x10x10 blocks. he got a deal on them, don't remember off the top of my head but was very happy with them
were does he buy rail road tie wood blocks
im instrested in buying several loads if the price is cheep
and its cloase to me

my grand pal when he was a kid he burned rail road ties in his wood stove
to stay warm thats all he could get and it was free he lived to 80 years old

Here in pennsylvania there is a place off 405 between muncy and montgomery, you get the ends, just leave a truck or trailer and they fill it for you. Not sure how much $ but i know its pretty cheap

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

any body know if any on gives a way untreated tail road ties and wood fall offs in lebanon,pa
Do you really think that if I knew of any for "Nowt" that I wouldn't keep this info to myself?:blob2: the thing you are asking for is a definite go out & sort it your self task not keep asking on the forum

Cripes, it's like my wife wanting me to do something. Never ever gives up.
Wonder how much it would cost to ship him some wood from here?
Don't encourage him by giving him wood you'll never get him off your back I guess if you ever met him it would be an easy reconise Deep pockets & extremely short arms:blob2:

were does he buy rail road tie wood blocks
im instrested in buying several loads if the price is cheep
and its cloase to me
You are not intending to pay CASH money for something are you? what has happened to your life long efforts of it has to be free? You're not losing it & becoming like us other poor bu**ers that are willing to pay or trade for what we require? if YES welcome to the world were you MAY get help & info Don't forget a 1000mile journey starts with a single step I'm sure you'll like the help rather than ricule

Back