New Farm....need a chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normally you can find a new 365 husky for $600, then find a backup saw for a few hundred. You will need a second saw to cut out pinches or if you just ruin a chain/bar. A nice used 372 would be a good choice also. See what you can find out there then post back! CJ

Normally you can find a new 365 husky for $600, then find a backup saw for a few hundred. You will need a second saw to cut out pinches or if you just ruin a chain/bar. A nice used 372 would be a good choice also. See what you can find out there then post back! CJ

I ended up buying a Stihl ms460. I am going to keep my eyes open for a 026/260/261 for a smaller saw.

Hey guys, I am getting a new farm and I am hoping I can get some advice on chainsaws. There is 257 acres with most of it being wooded and contains lots of hardwoods with a mix of everything else (in Ohio). The house also uses an outdoor wood burning unit for heat. So I am wanting a saw that will handle whatever i may run into here and there are some pretty big mature trees on the property. My budget is 600-700 and I would like to keep it to Husqvarna and Stihl because of dealer support. Any help would be much appreciated!
a good all rounder is the echo 590 60 cc saw if you have a dealer here husky dealers deal echo to, for the money cant beat very very TUFF, , 257 ACRES WOW YOU LUCKY GUY, HAVE FUN

We led him in the right direction. May he never need to pick up all of his fasteners from the ground beneath him. May the creamsicle scheme guide him swiftly through the wilderness!
Husky uses lock washers.;) Have worked on Stihl's with loose bolts, mufflers falling off, just not a Husky thing.

Back