026 adjustable oiler upgrade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volks-man

Arboristsite.com Spooner
Reaction score
so i see in my ipl that there is an upgrade kit for the non adjust 026 oiler.
i see that the kit contains the clutch drum with the notch.
i swear that i read somewhere that even though it is adjustable it still pumps at idle. the ipl pics would seem to contradict this.

also i read in my searches that the upgrade will not fit if you do not have the adjuster screw hole in the bottom of the saw. i have the hole... i assume this is the only indicator of whether the adjust oiler will fit?
other than price of the oiler, are there any other things i need to be warned about the upgrade?

# 1121 007 1043 conversion kit oil pump, adjustable

so i see in my ipl that there is an upgrade kit for the non adjust 026 oiler.
i see that the kit contains the clutch drum with the notch.
i swear that i read somewhere that even though it is adjustable it still pumps at idle. the ipl pics would seem to contradict this.

also i read in my searches that the upgrade will not fit if you do not have the adjuster screw hole in the bottom of the saw. i have the hole... i assume this is the only indicator of whether the adjust oiler will fit?
other than price of the oiler, are there any other things i need to be warned about the upgrade?

# 1121 007 1043 conversion kit oil pump, adjustable

hmm, I know the larger Stihl ones are driven off the clutch drum - so it won't pump while idling, only when the clutch engages. I assumed all were the same... are you sure something isn't sticking?
I just saw this too:
If you want rim/drum, then buy a sprocket for an 070, and cut a few mm of depth off it with a chop saw. I suppose you could mill it if you had the kit. They are dimensionally identical, except for the "depth" or thickness."

Can you do it on a stationary disc sander? That's how I fit a deep adjustable oiler 026 clutch drum on a non-adjust saw. Just keep tabs on the temp
sounds like you may ned to do some minor cutting. But I have no experience here and I'm sure heaps of others do

No the adjustable oiler doesn't pump at idle it only pumps when the clutch is engaged. The non adjustable oiler is driven off the crankshaft so it is pumping oil whenever the saw is running.

volks-man,

I have an adjustable oiler and the necessary parts coming to me in the next few days (courtesy of a great deal from Brad aka bcorradi), so I can upgrade my oiler on my non-pro 260 (with the hole at the bottom). From what I can figure about the adjustable oiler set up, it can't oil unless the clutch is engaged.

Kevin

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the conversion kit, but how much does it retail for? I know buying the individual parts (oiler, clutch drum, and bushing) from the dealer can get fairly pricey.

If you have the hole you are able to install the adjustable oiler.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the conversion kit, but how much does it retail for? I know buying the individual parts (oiler, clutch drum, and bushing) from the dealer can get fairly pricey.

If you have the hole you are able to install the adjustable oiler.

I remember reading here somewhere that you can dril the hole. I assume you just use a newer saw as a pattern for the hole.

But it will reduce the amount of oil to the bar, and Idon't know, but that little drive tang looks fragile to me. What if it breaks off and you don't know it until the chain welds to the bar? I know, it won't really happen, but...... My 026 drips a bit at an extended period of idle, but it oils about right in the cut. So I say "Let 'er rip! (or drip):)

I remember reading here somewhere that you can dril the hole. I assume you just use a newer saw as a pattern for the hole.

But it will reduce the amount of oil to the bar, and Idon't know, but that little drive tang looks fragile to me. What if it breaks off and you don't know it until the chain welds to the bar? I know, it won't really happen, but...... My 026 drips a bit at an extended period of idle, but it oils about right in the cut. So I say "Let 'er rip! (or drip):)

It seems to me like it don't take no time at all for my 260 to have a bunch of oil on the ground at idle. Maybe the idle spped has something to do with it.

Kevin

There is tons of oil to the bar from the adjustable pump

Back