• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 026 Air Filter and other small parts...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenSVT

Where did all these saws come from?!?
Reaction score
My $25 026 is getting a bit of work done before I go crazy and pay someone to port her or similar.

I watched a YouTube video where someone swapped in an air filter from an MS260 something rather, and would like to do the same. My air filter cover needs some rehab anyway...

I'll defer to the pros on the rest. My 026 came with the 3 screw carb already, but I've been reading that the Walbro 194 or some such is a nice upgrade? Well anyway, I'm looking for basic bolt on parts to retrofit this old girl and get her ready for her new life.

I'm all ears! Go easy on me, as I'm a noob.

The 194/394 has a bigger Venturi than the WT22. Probably not necessary unless it's ported.

The newer MS260 style filter can be used, but you need:
An MS260 rear cover
An OEM filter-the AM ones are very restrictive
The short style tank vent-the tall black vent won't fit or needs modification.
The Compensating hole in the 260 filter needs to be plugged-or you need to swap the metering plate.

It's really not worth it. Just get an OEM flocked filter or an OEM metal winter filter if the saw is ported.

And just like that, my direction changes slightly. You guys are full of great info.

I seem to have the screen type filter. I'd love to find another, or if there's a better option with finer filtration, all the better.IMG_20170514_231818800.jpg

That sounds excellent! I'd be interested to know if you also had fuel and impulse lines available.

That sounds excellent! I'd be interested to know if you also had fuel and impulse lines available.

Here is what I found:
  • 5 NOS/OEM 026 flocked air filters, part number 1121 120 1612
  • 1 NOS/OEM 026 impulse hose, part number 1113 141 8600
  • 2 NOS/OEM 026 fuel hoses, part number 1121 358 7705
Let me know what you'd be interested in and I'll throw out a price shipped.

$40 shipped for two filters and one each of the hoses? Retail on those four items is $61.96 + tax.

Sounds great to me. Let me know what else might be laying around. Something may jump out at me.

Sounds great to me. Let me know what else might be laying around. Something may jump out at me.

I would, but it's not quite that easy. I have boxes of NOS parts that are loosely organized by part numbers, not model numbers, so I can't really peruse for model-specific parts. It's almost entirely small parts; I think I recall seeing some 1121 series tank vents, but not much else.

Well, I went outside to play chainsaw today and found that the front lower was shredded in two. The rear lower looks rough. I'm not even sure how many there are on the saw lol! I'm so new to this...

I guess the biggest factor is price.

Take your time. I want it done right, not just quick.

This will be a great excuse to strip and clean it up well. I can go ahead and replace those fuel lines as well, instead of saving them for future preventive maintenance.

Latest posts

Back