026 cylinder ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roll Tide

Trolltide
Reaction score
I got a box of 026 parts the other day. I'm trying to find what bore the cylinder is to order a new piston. I don't have calipers so I was wondering if there is another way to figure this out. The cylinder is marked with a B on top. Beside Mahl is W12 and 44ZK1 if this helps at all.

Yeap it measured 1.72! Thank yall. Now got to remove some transfer. Looks to be a low hour cylinder but was run lean.

Some of the early MS260's-- non decomposition were 44MM. Harbor Freight has digital calipers for $9.99. I have a pair, a good solution for the future.

"B" refers to the fine measurement on P/C fitment. You need a B or A/B piston to fit right.

I'm not sure of what AF manufacturers do about this or if they care in China. You can do a crude check using feeler gauges before you put things together, for cast you want 0.002-o.003 on a new piston

It may be that the calipers are $9.99 with a coupon, it seems like I remember a coupon was involved. They work fine for measuring stuff like this.
Some of the early MS260's-- non decomposition were 44MM. Harbor Freight has digital calipers for $9.99. I have a pair, a good solution for the future.

Well looks like I'm going to be splitting the case and installing new bearings. I was pulling the clutch to remove the seals and noticed a bad side to side play. Than I found this....

If u have a harbor freight around u can pick up a good inexpensive set of 6" digital calipers. They work great image.jpgand stop all the guess work. If ur going to do this best have to have them.:givebeer:

44mm.I think all the 026 are 44mm and the 260's are 44.7mm

You are right about the 026 - but the only 260 ones that are 44.7mm are the EPA ones made after some time in 2004. ;)

The bore went up, and the performance down, on the US market. That wasn't the only change though - so it is hard to say what the exact effect of the cylinder change alone was.

Good news is the price of OEM bearings seem to have gone down. $10 a piece
That's a very good price, and I have never seen the PTO side that cheap. I believe the clutch side is $18.75 here, the flywheel side is not proprietary
and may even be cheaper than $10.00 at a reputable bearing house. It is actually a 16002 (bearing number which indicates type, size etc). The last
OEM flywheel side I purchased from my dealer was $8.00 + tax. Enjoy the build.

Back