026 find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldiron

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Had a guy call me up the other day saying he had an old Stihl saw that was to big for him to start anymore and was wondering if I was interested. I said yes and to meet me at the local Stihl dealer as I had to pick up a case of 2 cycle oil there anyway. He was asking $30 for it. I only had 20s on me and told him to keep the change. I didn't feel bad about "over paying" this time LOL :) I only have one question why the red switch lever? Oh and yes it runs. (but I had to pt a carb kit in it)026.jpg 026 Stihl.jpg !

Attachments

• 026 Stihl.jpg
    026 Stihl.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 25
Thanks for the info guys. I know the 026 is a good little saw still have my dads from the very early 90's and it still runs. how do they do ported? I'd love to have a ported saw some day.
:oops:Why can't this happen to me? If it did, it would have a "5" on the end instead of a "6"... Great "find"!

Duane
Duane, advertise that you are looking for saws that need work for cheap or free. You may be surprised at what you get and what people want for junk. Had a guy offer me 4 newer craftsman saws, only one ran he wanted $100 for the lot of them. He said I would be getting $600 worth of saws for 100 and he thought I'd be thrilled at the deal! I may have been able to make one out of all of them but I don't think a newer craftsman saw is worth rebuilding unless its free to me and even then sometimes I'll think twice.

Would love to have one of mine ported, muffler modded and tuned they don't run bad either. Though I am sure not as well as a ported one. "To port, or not to port -- that is the question!" :reading:

OP, Good buy.
I have had a number of 026 and 260 saws over the years.
Down to just two. Both are 026 models.
One I bought new in 1995.
The other has been woods ported by a member here, and it's a runner!

Back