026 in big cookie

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
player.swf

http://s661.photobucket.com/player....9/Evan03_photo/026cookie-1.flv&fs=1&os=1&ap=1

Yes sir. For years I cut stuff like that with my 026, then I got a 440 magnum and threw away the 20" bar for the 026.

man i have cad pretty bad, just a few months ago i wouldnt have thought id be posting vids and looking for burnt up saws on craigs list and ebay.

ive been up for about an hour looking for a 100 dollar 046 0r 460 that i can rebuild and turn into runner. theres quite a few parts saw 046's on ebay and a couple 066s but theyre going for quite abit more than the 046

bad thing is most the parts saws are just that they may run or kinda run but theyve already had parts picked from them. theres on 046 in particular thats very close to complet and may go for under 100 bucks that im watchn real close.

anyways thats what im up doin tonight.

Evan

Is that skip chain on a 16" bar? I could see running skip on a 20, but that 026 should run full comp on a 16 just fine shouldn't it?

Ian

its full skip RSF on 18" dealer didnt have any rsc when i got it. it cuts very well and holds rpm if i dont push on it to hard. also self feeds real well

i couldnt imagine running a 24" on the 026. saw just doesnt have enough balls to do it for more then a few cuts. ill save the 24" for the 359

nah just put it on the other day for the vid to see whow it did agaisnt the 310 with the same bar and chain mounted. cut pretty much the same speed as the 310 is smallw wood. id actualy like to have 16" bar and RSC but dealer didnt have that in stock. RSF is very agresive, maybe alittle much for the 026, when rpms drop you can definatly tell iits a full skip

and ported im sure ;) does the 260 wake up much from mild porting? widen intake and exhaust leave transfers alone. im asking because it seems to run pretty good just the way it is, even thought its no 346

i was kinda hopn youd say no your fine live it alone lol:dizzy:

ill get carb for it one of these days and then see what ahppens. thanks for the info

i dont have a tach yet, i need one though. seems like my mild muffler mod made the top end come alive alittle, it was pretty blubery on top before the mod

The 026/260 has alot of potential when ported. Bigger carbs and filters help but depends on what you want to use the saw for.

Back