• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 034 super update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnmn

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Pick this 1 owner saw up the middle of April pulled cylinder to inspect p&c both were good. Did a base gasket delete and took .025 off the key, also muff mod. Saw still needs a little work
Like sprocket for sure, I haven't ran it in wood cuz I haven't had a chance to pick one up so I'm not sure if it needs anything else. But small project includes new 18 inch Oregon power match bar and chain. Clean saw will post pick tomorrow or pm me
$325

Looks like a good deal for someone... we had guys doing selective cutting on our land 3 years ago, two of them swore by this saw.
Russ

Put an 044 bearing, drum and sprocket on it and now I'd say it's a runner I ran a half tank threw it on Sunday cut good lots of torque

Stihl did an upgrade clutch for 034 and 036 that uses a bigger bearing as the smaller ones had been letting loose if not maintained. It uses the rims and clutch bearing for the larger saws. Is the drum the same? Years ago before the site hack/crash, and we lost all those pictures, I did a rebuild on a 036 with the clutch upgrade, there was pictures and part numbers.

Years ago Lakeside53 said if you wanted to run a 3/8 picco chain/rim on a larger saw, for milling, to use the clutch parts from the smaller saws, but I'm not sure the large bearing drums are identical on bigger saws, the rims and bearings are. The smaller 034/036 drum/bearing allows you to run a picco rim as the spline matches. Andy also mentioned he would not trust the smaller clutch assy for milling on a 066 as the 10mm bearing would let loose. Needle bearings are 10X16X12 and 10X13X10 for big and small saws , respectively.

So those who have all the newer IPLs and service bulletins, are the drums the same for the 034/036 clutch upgrade as those for 044/046/066? My IPL does not have a number for the 036 drum alone. The 034/036 clutch kit number is 1125 007 1041. Note it is 1125 series not 1128

Latest posts

Back