041 Floods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc874

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Finally got to tear into my 041 Farmboss and found the rings wore-out as well as bar oil in the cylinder. Relaced the rings and lighly honed the cylinder. Relaced the seals on the oil plug at the front end. Tried to start her-up and she flooded out. Took carb apart and cleaned it thoroughly and adjusted the lever as per Tillotson web site for the HS model carb. Reinstalled and still floods. Diapharms on the carb look fine and aren't hard etc... Tried another HS carb and same affect ( floods ) i did manage to get it started for a few seconds but wouldn't idle and bogs on throttle. Not sure what else to check. I will do a compression test later after work. Any ideas??

"UPDATE", for Al Smith and PES+. I did buy the oil seal for the Mall OMG and installed it but have not tried to start it yet. The oil seal # that you guys quoted was pretty much perfect fit, just alittle close around the crank shaft where the metal ring of the seal connects/fitted to the rubber ring. I will let you guys know when and if she runs. Thanks.

041 flooding

Just a thought. Andy, is it possible that the points are incorrectly gapped and not allowing for a good spark? I will pressure test the carbs as well but thought i'd ask. Thanks.

Back