044 12mm potential

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeblacky

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just posting this up as its a pipeline project that's slowly coming together.

I started out with a beat up 12mm 044 with a scored out top end and screwed bearings. The saw has been fully stripped and is is going to Mike (glock37) for some powder coating just to make it look pretty :crazy:

Next I've sourced a dominant saw ceramic bearing for the flywheel side, and the new Clutch side bearing is hopefully being sent away to have the balls swapped out for ceramic, currently in discussions with a company.

Next, I've got a dominant saw Wiseco forged piston on the way intended for a husky 372xp, however they both have equal bore and stroke with a 12mm wrist pin, so come hell or high water I'll make that bugger work whatever happens! To be fitted with a titanium wrist pin, once again from dominant saw. I also have a dual port muffler which will be further bastardized.

I've sourced a mint condition 10mm cylinder, which I plan on woods porting a tad on the aggressive side, raised exhaust about 1.5mm and lower the intake about the same.

I've sorted the intake side - custom made bell mouth with a K&N cone filter.

My main question to you guys is:

Will my carb be able to handle the extra fuel demand without running Rich, and if not what viable alternatives do I have?

Apologies for the long first post!!

Joe

Might try running a larger jet from a ms460. I'm pretty sure a stock 440 runs a 66 jet. The 460 uses a 68. I ordered a 69 for my fathers 460 that was running a little lean. Worked great

Is changing jets a simple job? I've done loads of work on saws but never modded a carb before, as I've been doing some reading on boring out the carb too however I'm not sure how I feel about that

Changing the jet is super simple. I wouldn't know about boring out the carb. I've never done that on a saw. I have on 5hp Briggs though :happybanana:

Latest posts

Back