050 051 075 076 Info Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am tearing down another 076 to send away for powder and I got it mostly torn down until I got to the clutch.
How the heck do I get that nut off without reinstalling the broken piston in the bore that I already got cleaned up ?
I have four more to do and they all have the cylinder removed already.
I honestly cant remember what I did last time :(

Sweet guys thanks for the tips.
I got it torn down to bare bits and made the ultrasonic duo earn their keep (three loads in each).
I have all the mag bits to be powdered ready to go as soon as the full wrap clutch covers arrive.
All the other parts are cleaned oiled and bagged ready to head to the builder.
This one will be Metal Flake Copper and Metal Flake Pearl and a high rise super fire breathing dragon :)
I am getting my plans together for the next four of them now.
Having custom spikes and kickstands made on the CNC water jet.
The custom rounded clutch cover isn't going to happen though, they just couldn't make it at the fab shop to look like my imagination :(
I have a few parts on the way from Canada along with my 090G :)
Dave

Hi guys I'm looking for a photo of the plastic internal cover of the 076 chain brake cover and something to use as a scale as I'm unable to find a replacement for the one I melted a while back so I figure I might as well get one made if I can redesign one and take it to the local machining workshop.
Regards DaveL

Hi guys and girls,
Just joined up after a while of lurking here.
Managed to "barn find" an old 051. At least according to the compression release screw location.

Cost me the grand sum of 21$ and that was Aussie dollars too... makes for about 16$USD I think?

Of course there are a few issues. The largest one at this stage is the spark. It is intermittent although when it goes it looks blue and ok?
20160529_215758a.jpg

Have also attached a couple of photos of the coil/flywheel etc.
20160526_202556a.jpg

20160526_202548a.jpg

20160525_212404a.jpg

Is this a breakerless version? and if so is the Nova II the answer to my problems?
Oh and for the record compression was just under 160.
Cheers
Nathan

Hi guys I'm looking for a photo of the plastic internal cover of the 076 chain brake cover and something to use as a scale as I'm unable to find a replacement for the one I melted a while back so I figure I might as well get one made if I can redesign one and take it to the local machining workshop.
Regards DaveL

Sorry Dave I was supposed to take pics of this months ago, no excuse! image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Hi guys and girls,
Managed to "barn find" an old 051. At least according to the compression release screw location.

Cost me the grand sum of 21$ and that was Aussie dollars too... makes for about 16$USD I think?

Of course there are a few issues. The largest one at this stage is the spark. It is intermittent although when it goes it looks blue and ok?
20160529_215758a.jpg

20160526_202556a.jpg

20160526_202548a.jpg

20160525_212404a.jpg

Is this a breakerless version? and if so is the Nova II the answer to my problems?
Cheers
Nathan

Good deal on the saw!! Yes it is breakerless because of the solid window on the flywheel fan. The coil has been "fixed" at some point. For 45 $ you can get a new coil which is what I would do if you can't get good spark. First unscrew the coil wire from coil and test the wire. If wire is bad replace it. They do get internally corroded and start to build resistance. Clip off a 1/4" of wire use an ice pick to create new hole for coil screw and re screw wire into coil tight. Make sure it goes in at least 1/4 to 5/16". Also redo spark plug cap. Check gap from coil to flywheel. Manual calls for .008". Good find!!

Hi guys and girls,

20160529_215758a.jpg

20160526_202556a.jpg

20160526_202548a.jpg

20160525_212404a.jpg

Cheers
Nathan
Hey Nathan chad here mate glad u joined up! bloody hell great price u got that! Local?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Hey Chad,
The saw came from Queensland. Bought unseen without much info. Just knew i wanted it really....
Have located one problem which looks like a dodgy ignition cable. Will get to the shop and buy a length to replace it.
See what happens from there!
Cheers

Ok Lads,
Have tested the ignition wire and replaced. It was dicey at best.
So with a new ignition wire the resistance to ground is 8.73kOhm compared to the 8.7 spec. That seems ok.
Primary to ground is approx 0.08 ohms which sounds a lot like 1 Ohm to me.
Looking for the next idea? When I hooked it up I got one spark then nothing. Pretty sure it is not connections now.
Any help would be appreciated.
20160603_203452a.jpg
20160603_203517a.jpg

Anyone got any ideas? Surely someone has had this problem with the 051/076 before and can walk me through it?
Is there an easy way to take off the flywheel without the special tool?
I could lever it off but would I do damage to either the flywheel or body?
Cheers
Nathan

Anyone got any ideas? Surely someone has had this problem with the 051/076 before and can walk me through it?
Is there an easy way to take off the flywheel without the special tool?
I could lever it off but would I do damage to either the flywheel or body?
Cheers
Nathan

Hey Nathan, I actually use a flywheel puller which is this one below, a little tension on the top screw, an a soft mallet tap to the wheel as she comes up, done it many times.

OTC-1035.jpg

Hi Chad. Any chance i can borrow it at some stage? Think i need to have a look under the flywheel.
Dont suppose you have read anything that would help me solve my ignition problems?
Cheers,
Nathan

Hi Chad. Any chance i can borrow it at some stage? Think i need to have a look under the flywheel.
Dont suppose you have read anything that would help me solve my ignition problems?
Cheers,
Nathan

Sure no problems, not sure if yours is a points or the dohnut style ignition, but my coil **** itself and I went an purchased a new one, which comes with a ignition module built in, so you
dont need the points anymore(for me), got a fat spark now, from what I remeber I got mine from here. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/STIHL-CH...086201?hash=item35f9f89b79:g:lhoAAOxyq5NRBqW9

Just double check part numbers to be sure.

Back