050 051 075 076 Info Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so as above if my coil checks out (resistance wise) is it time to start talking about an atom or nova2 or similar? Has anyone had experience with these ignitions?
Have been reading about ways to test the coil in situ but removing the earth wire is a little challenging. Anyone got any ideas for an in-situ test?
Cheers
Nathan

Well I finally managed to get it all together again the new after market side cover that RF sourced worked a treat and my local Stihl dealer came through with a new internal plastic cover and a new side plate, I re fitted all the internals.

A huge thanks to RF and BobL for all your advice along the way. Thank you!

Now I'm off to test it out on some firewood
Regards DaveL
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I picked up another chainbraked 051 in the weekend, its in pretty nice condition bodywise but needs a rebuild. Came with an 045, 029 and some 032 parts. Also got an 051 based concrete saw which hasn't turned up yet, hope it looks like it does in the photos.

Hey guys,
I'm trying to remember how to set the low idle on my 076 as soon as I start it shes on for young and old even after warming it up it will not settle back down and stop the chain from spinning?
I think I may also need a new brake band. I think I might have stretched it when I put the clutch through the side cover.
Lastly has anybody ever put a decomp valve into a 076 and if so where there any problems with the install or things I might need to consider prior to getting one?
Thanks Guys

What parts are you looking for mate?
I think that my brake band for the 076 has become over stretched (due to me putting the clutch through the side cover plate- wouldn't recommend doing it personally there's a picture back further in this thread)

I think that my brake band for the 076 has become over stretched (due to me putting the clutch through the side cover plate- wouldn't recommend doing it personally there's a picture back further in this thread)
I own an 076 super. I got lucky a while back and got a new brake to add to my saw. I'll keep my eyes open for you for a brake band. I tend to think they may be kinda rare but hey, they built them for use out-of-country not that long ago. You may get lucky and find it sooner than you think.

Hi all. I milled with my craigslist-acquired 051 & put probably 45 min at WOT milling, it did a good job. It petered out though when I changed to a different sprocket/chain pitch and perhaps I did not tune it correctly. So I sidelined her figuring I'd change most of the gaskets (wasn't planning on splitting the case) as well as the oil seals (I confirmed it was not holding vacuum). The flywheel side seal's all torn up with my local shop, then me, trying to get it out,and doesn't seem to want to come out so I figure I'll just split the case and do that gasket, and bearings too. In for a penny, in for a pound. It'll be my first time splitting a case, on my saw that's at least 30 years old, though I think it's closer to 40. The question I have is that some posts on this thread reference to using a case splitter (modified Husqvarna) but the manual outlines splitting the case by just hitting the clutch side of the crankshaft with a soft-nosed hammer. I take it there may be some problems with this approach? Or is it just not practical on such old, often neglected saws? I'm tempted to try the hammer. Talk me out of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0327.JPG
    IMG_0327.JPG
    815.2 KB · Views: 21
Hi guys, I'm looking for some help. I'm in the uk and picked up what I think I'd a stihl 076. It starts and runs well, but I found the chain brake didn't work. On inspection the brake band had gone and it looks like it took a small part of the chain/clutch case with it. I can't find a case over here, but I read that you guys have found an after market supplier in Germany. Could you please send me a link or tell me where to find them.
I'm sure I will be back to pick your brains again soon, so thanks in advance.
Brian.

Back