064 / 066 / MS660 18 flywheels, 7 coils

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

is Dave neurotic and wasting hs time

• absolutely, get a job nerd

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • more technobabble please

Votes: 44 93.6%

• Total voters
I've been looking for a dual key flywheel that has the B (or sometimes X) and the P markings. Jon is gone to get fuel for the tractors, when he gets back I'll see if he knows where one is. I want to post a pic to show which location is for which coil.

OK so I got ahold of a 1300 coil and tried it. back fired through the exhaust port. So I retarded flywheel approximately 5 degrees and then it would start and run. unfortunately I have other issues with the saw to iron out. My flywheel is marked x and p but only the x is keyed. So I guess I need a different flywheel, but which one?

So after looking at Dave's list of flywheels, I'm guessing I need the 1122 080 1214 flywheel with dual keyways?

ok so scratch all my previous replys. I ended up having a carb problem. Once I got that straightened out I retried the flywheel in the x position and the saw fired right up and ran fine. So I can confirm that the 1300 universal coil will work with the 1209/1214 flywheel with the single keyway.

Yupp CDIC limited coil for that single slot 1204 flywheel. Need a coil? My case half cant accept my ignition setup so i won't be needing em. I am on the lookout for a flywheel and coil that will fit the case i have.

Here's my 1204 flywheel ...looks the same as masterminds.. This is a cdic only flywheel. I also have a 1203 dual key and a 1201 single key to compare too. 1122 ignitions...yayyy! :dizzy:
image.jpg

I have a Minute Man Type A broach set. It's not a metric set though. I'll be ordering a 10mm insert, and a 2mm broach key. I want to be able to redo these flywheels so any of them can use a 1300 coil.
if you actually do this and don't mind a few pics, I bet it would inspire more than a few of us to fix our paperweight limited flywheels as well
Dave

Latest posts

Back