064 project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
figured id update after every one made me feel bad for using such a crappy tank on such a nice crankcase hahaha...got the new handle in a week or so ago...finally got around to making the swap.
IMG_3182.jpg
IMG_3184.jpg
off with the old...
IMG_3183.jpg

the new ones available to me come bare bones minus the tank vent so all the guts from my old handle had to be swapped over. they do supply a new intake boot but i had already installed a new one when i initially rebuilt it...so i have an extra sitting on the shelf for a rainy day

IMG_3185.jpg

new handle and air filter cover installed...now the top cover needs some work...probly just get a new one of those too. could also use a new handle hose and repaint on the wrap handle but that'll have to wait

IMG_3188.jpg

28" total super bar installed and ready to cut wood.

IMG_3189.jpg

IMG_3187.jpg

I new youd get one looks much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks mike...finally did your powder job justice haha
Want to trade away the old crappy one? ;)
depends on the trade I guess...I was thinkin of hangin on to it because I know a guy that has an 064 crankcase I'm trying to talk out of

Oh wow. You've got that thing looking beautiful! Nice work!
Thanks I Appreciate it blsnelling...nothing like yours but I'm happy with it
Now ya gotta paint the black on the handle..........
yup...this has turned into a never ending project. But I enjoy it!! Handle and top cover next. Then air filter base.

Figured I'd do a little update to this on going project...I ended up ordering a new top cover and sent the saw down to Tennessee...I got it back a couple weeks ago....
image.jpg

Pa dan was swell enough locate me a couple metal tags for it a while ago and I finally got around to puttin those on tonight...they still have the stick on plasticky condom thingy on em!:rock:

image.jpg
image.jpg
Next up is finding either a good used 1/2 wrap or buying a new one...and a filter base. Then I'm done with it.

That looks great how do it run since it came back from the Hills ?

Im Waiting on the Monkey hes doing 3 New 064's

My 2nd one is one of them
Runs dam good mike!! Yea I read about the three nos 064's gettin done...I'm waitin for a build thread on at least one.

Hahaha but I thought you were looking for a 3/4 wrap brake handle? I've been slowly acquiring parts to put together another 064 so I'm keepin all the old parts for now:)
It's late... :buttkick:

Yes. I'm looking for a 3/4 wrap brake handle. Your saw is incredible. Mine is all beat up. :(

My Saw Lineup - Copy.jpg

The One on the right is my first one

I got one being done as we speak its not powdered but new case ,tank handle ,top cover ,handle ,chain brake ,clutch , oil pump , piston cyl

I don't know how much use it will get but it will look pretty !

when we getting them back we have 4 064 done by randy with in 10 miles of us and where going to do some cutting with them

4 screaming ported 064's all running at the same time wide open music to my ears !

just picked up a really clean 028 super its getting the full treatment next !

It's late... :buttkick:

Yes. I'm looking for a 3/4 wrap brake handle. Your saw is incredible. Mine is all beat up. :(
Yea but I'm sure it runs like a beast!

View attachment 373354

The One on the right is my first one

I got one being done as we speak its not powdered but new case ,tank handle ,top cover ,handle ,chain brake ,clutch , oil pump , piston cyl

I don't know how much use it will get but it will look pretty !

when we getting them back we have 4 064 done by randy with in 10 miles of us and where going to do some cutting with them

4 screaming ported 064's all running at the same time wide open music to my ears !

just picked up a really clean 028 super its getting the full treatment next !
Wish I could bring mine out and run with you guys!!

Yes it was..yea the new tanks come with set up for the three piece fuel line and that's what I already had....yea you got that earlier style tank. Did the new tank come with the little 90deg connector that slips into the new fuel line? I can't remember...I'm thinking it didn't since I don't have a spare one sittin on my bench. What does the old contact spring look like?

Back