066 died

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't disagree, but cost and availability are factors. Doesn't look like the cylinder was the problem, oem clips don't have ears and I've been bit by aftermarket clips before. If a good used cylinder can be found I'd go that way. A vac, pressure test, check all rubber bits I.E., impulse, fuel lines, Meteor piston, cut wood.

175 I know ,,,was wondering ,its a 066 magnum,,,was looking at cylinder and piston,the works -Baileys,,just so i know cylinder matches piston and buy oem clips and lower gasket,,,just want to thankyou all for all your help this Sunday ok change course oem cylinder Will a stihl OEM cylinder have stihl stamped on it?

Can't disagree, but cost and availability are factors. Doesn't look like the cylinder was the problem, oem clips don't have ears and I've been bit by aftermarket clips before. If a good used cylinder can be found I'd go that way. A vac, pressure test, check all rubber bits I.E., impulse, fuel lines, Meteor piston, cut wood.
Who knows I suspect a China cylinder can and will do that. I always like to know what blew it up so i can correct that. I get what your saying but its a crap shoot. A broken ring would prob be a result of over revving or a port snag. Hard to say without being there with the saw.

well I bought new cylinder ,piston ,rings ,cir clips,and now buying a new compression button,,,,cost so far at 250$ from stihl,assembly going well with a cue tip of 2 stroke oil,,,,,,,,,when I do start it for the first time should I just let it idle?

well I bought new cylinder ,piston ,rings ,cir clips,and now buying a new compression button,,,,cost so far at 250$ from stihl,assembly going well with a cue tip of 2 stroke oil,,,,,,,,,when I do start it for the first time should I just let it idle?
No run it about 3/4 throttle. Dont be so sparing with the oil either. Just dont scream the hell out of it for a while is all. Wait, no new crank seals? That is a bad idea you now have a fair amount of money invested you should install them and do a pres - vac test. :popcorn2:

I just read this and saw the snapped ring......not an expert on chainsaw porting.....but on 2-stroke MX bikes this happened to me a couple of times after making an exhaust port too wide. I guess you could also get it if the port edges aren't cleaned up nicely..... but I just read you got a new cyl. in the end. Good luck fella!
:clap:

I just read this and saw the snapped ring......not an expert on chainsaw porting.....but on 2-stroke MX bikes this happened to me a couple of times after making an exhaust port too wide. I guess you could also get it if the port edges aren't cleaned up nicely..... but I just read you got a new cyl. in the end. Good luck fella!
:clap:
So could a broken ear off an aftermarket piston pin circlip.:cool:

Back