066 died

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the heads up lone wolf getting a new tool
It sounds like this won't be the last saw you will fix/rebuild/buy-sell etc. A mityvac 8500 will serve you well and give you confidence in your builds. A 'must have' tool for proper service. Do seals as LW says and you will have a ripper OEM saw that will sell easy or provide long service life if you keep it.

It sounds like this won't be the last saw you will fix/rebuild/buy-sell etc. A mityvac 8500 will serve you well and give you confidence in your builds. A 'must have' tool for proper service. Do seals as LW says and you will have a ripper OEM saw that will sell easy or provide long service life if you keep it.
I never rebuild without seals anymore , its not worth it.

Dag,well I orderd tool yesterday ,says it will be here tommorow.I guess i'll do a pres/vac test and then learn something new by changing seals.Thankyou for all your input/help,,,,,and do a pres/vac test again

Dag,well I orderd tool yesterday ,says it will be here tommorow.I guess i'll do a pres/vac test and then learn something new by changing seals.Thankyou for all your input/help,,,,,and do a pres/vac test again
Is the ignition side seal recessed? If so you should get an installer tool to set it at the right depth.They are cheap. Definitive Dave has them.

I just want to keep this saw,,,Ive had my 041 along time,and thats all I ever used,,now I also have this,,,but wood is my main source of heat .sometimes coal antracite,,,,thanks for your input

I had 1985 064av blow it's top end because of one of those stupid ears on the circlips. I'm cutting mine off from now on.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back