088 hop up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheerleaders

Goooood thinking huskyman
Now why didnt I think of the cheerleaders? great idea. which husky are you working on For the race in clearwater?
Ken

John, the neighbors would love it!! The smell of moose meat on an open bbq...Shally helping ya with the bannock....Most of my neighbors are gone on weekends and the rest would be here watching...

I could probably get my hands on some 50" fir logs....then Robert could make ten cuts with the V8.....

Mike, Clearwater is in south central British Columbia..approximately 5 hours from Vancouver Right in the heart of the North Thompson Valley and entrance to the Wells Gray Park...not that you have heard of either...lol...

Ken, I am looking forward to running these saws together...gotta go find antoher crankcase in the tickle trunk for the second saw..

And Robert..dammit...hurry up the race is starting!!

Huskyman...you are absolutely correct we cannot forget the cheerleaders...I have lots of room for accomodations for them....:D they can curl up with me in my great big white pine log bed....:blob2: :blob2: ...hmmm..maybe they could show up a week early?

Sorry Ken I dont have an entry for this years competition. I dont think my 55 would stand up to 120+ cc saws. I almost had a 288xp to send you but it fell through. But hey, someone has to keep the cheerleaders warm and occupied while you studs show off:D

Just hold your horses there Dennis. Getting 400+ pound engines warmed up takes a few minutes. And while I am at it Enumclaw is about 40 miles ESE of Seattle.

You will love those double ender saws...man do they screem.

Commitee Chairman

Hello huskyman
We'll have to get you elected chairman of the wine, women, and song committee. Then you must come.
I think jonathan, home delight man, has a 3120 husky now. Get him to bring it with his 2100 homelight. I bet he will let you run it
Ken

I appreciate you volunteering Jonathan's saw but that chairman thing sounds real good. Besides I am not used to that kind of Husky power and would probably cut my leg off. Try explaining that one to the wife:eek:

Hi Ken, I think Jonathan has a 090 with 59" bar and helpers handle, he will definately fit in with the crowd, but I dont know if he should bring along his Homeatnights, we dont want our saws to catch anything from them ;-)
Anyway, its starting to snow here now, so I have to get out the shovel, or should I just crank up the 088 and direct the blast off the pipe to blow a path to the spring where I get my water from?
John

Home at night

Here is a little piece of material I have kept since my days of a "Pacific Slave" (Pacific Equipment...early 90's) It may be a bit outdated....

It was 2:23 PM August 6th at the Phelps County Fair, Rolla, MO. The air was clear and hot. Normal for early August in south central Missouri. As is so often the case, no hint that this would be one of those historical days talked about for years. the chainsaw cutting contests had been in progress for about 20 minutes and the spectators were in a festive mood. The racing teams of Stihl and Jonsered were loose and fast. That look that comes with winning and the expectations of winning.

the crowd in the bleachers suddenly grew quiet and a soft murmer began to be heard....HOMELITE?????....HOMELITE????....even a snicker now and then.

Rick Reade stepped forward to compete in the stock 5.4-6.0 cubic inch class. HOLY COW!! Its a Homelite 8800. The air screamed with the sounds of power and speed. Sawdust slowly filtered among the spectators as the times were announced. YES YES!!!the 8800 and rick Reade with a time of 3:33 sec. bears its nearest competitor by .58 seconds.

The crowd and the racers are stunned. It couldnt happend says Stihl. Jonsered suggested a rerun. But no turning back. Its time for the stock 6.0 and up class. Get out the big guns. What?! That Homelite 8800 is running again, but its only 5.4cube??? HOMELITE with a 3:03 wins with.28 seconds to spare.

The crowd in the bleachers is quiet now. What else can befall their favorite racers? Well, there is one class still to be raced. THE OPEN CLASS!! You know the class. The hot rods. 090 Stihls with airplane gas and modifications you really dont want to know about. You put wheels on them during the week and ride them to work. rick puts a stack on the Homelite and enters the feild. What the heck?! At this point there is nothing to lose. Yep you got it..Homelite wins again. Three first place trophies with the same saw. The Homelite 8800.

the crowd in the bleachers did not leave quickly that day. I dont know if they were simply stunned and needed a little more recovery time or if they were hoping to get another glimpse of that Homelite animal. A few tears were beginning to be seen in the Sthil Camp and the Jonsered people were wandering around mumbling in the same foreign tongue. The feild of battle remained littered with debris of battle. Broken battered and defeated remanants of the Stihl's 084 and 090s. The mighty Jonsered 2094 trashed in humiliation. Some were asked WHERE WAS HUSQVARNA????

Question?? If you were Husky, would you have wanted to be part of that spectacle of defeat?

There will be other chainsaw cutting competitions, but with the Homelite 8800, the competition has changed forever.

Disclaimer: rick admits to a little 'adjusting' of the saw..

Now John...sure you dont want to catch a bit of what Homelite has???

usually if you adjust the engine out of it and adjust a cart motor or similar in its place and have it all hidden under the covers this is all that needs to be done to come up with a winning combination.

Sounds good to me, Robert. It's decided then. Anyone who has a spare Husky 394 or 395 powerhead and clutch let me know and I will sneak it into my 55 and get one of those cow stomachs and then I wont have to be content with keeping the Swedish cheerleaders occupied

Art Martin's 090 Stihl

Hello everyone
Heres a photo of Uncle Art's 090, Now this will be the saw to beat at dennis's clearwater revival. Well maybe robert's rotax will be faster.
ken

I think I should bring my Homelites and watch out I have a few that may silence the crowd. I will bring the Husky3120 and the Stihl 090, just incase somebody wants to embarass themselves. 8800 Good saw, I have two of them, one is stock and on is Ken Dunnized, WOW, hold your pants on. Jonathan:blob2:

I think I will just drive my saw to the race. The V8 is almost complete. I will get some pics posted soon (this week) Not much to look at yet...Just an engine...frame work, drive and bar will take some time to do.

Man, all this talk of hopped-up 090s and V8 saws leaves me feeling inadequate. Is there anybody here who doesn't have something that'll take a redwood in 3.5 seconds?

All I have is a stock 5 cube, hemi-head Homelite SXL-925. High compression, though. The bar'll whip around and catch you in the crotch if you try to drop start it, and the downward-pointing exhaust blows a small crater in the dirt when you do it on the ground.

Maybe I can cut the toothpicks at the great race...

Don't worry. The great race is just like this forum. Everyone is welcome and every saw is important. In fact if you attend a competitive event you could catch the bug and want to hop that 5 cubic inch Homelite. That's what makes it fun. Men and their toys! Men love em! Mike

Art's 820 westbend

Hello everyone
Heres a photo of art martins west bend 820. he saws its faster than his 090 stihl.
ken

Back