1 inch diameter pipe to much

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds real nice. Why not ditch the safety chain and then mod the muffler?

i might keep it just for a spare,,if needed,,,but i use woodland pro semi chisel all the time

Good looking mod you have there. Is your dawg big enough so you won't hit the muffler mod when you burry that saw into some wood? It looks like the mod is bigger than the dawg but it might be the angle of the picture.

the tube is only 1/2" long,,have right at 1 1/4" clearance,,,but i am thinking about making a long dawg for it anyway

Metal or plastic crankcase?

Your saw looks real nice, and I'm debating between the CS-600P or the Stihl MS391 for my new saw. Do you know if the CS-600P has metal or plastic crankcases? The Stihl is plastic.
I see there are a couple of the CS-600P on Ebay for less than $500. I wonder what the story is with all these new saws for sale for less than retail.
Thanks!

Your saw looks real nice, and I'm debating between the CS-600P or the Stihl MS391 for my new saw. Do you know if the CS-600P has metal or plastic crankcases? The Stihl is plastic.
I see there are a couple of the CS-600P on Ebay for less than $500. I wonder what the story is with all these new saws for sale for less than retail.
Thanks!

I think the echo is plastic? Not sure though. Check your local craigslist i found a 600p on my craigslist going for $375.....

Infact heres one new for $350
http://austin.craigslist.org/for/2068238871.html

they are plastic,,,any of the gray models are the magnesium,,,,i am getting ready to run it wood this morn to see how much the muff mod opened it up,,

got to run it in wood today for about an hour,,it is tuned now,,didn't have to make much of a change after the muff mod,,it does sound good and it runs a lot better in the cut,,i tried several times to bog it down,,,this thing woke up big time with the mods,,,,the only thing i found wrong is that the bar oiling hole plugs up easy,,,and i think i found out why,,i checked the distance that the driver sets down in the hole and its not much,,you can barely see the tip of the driver,,so i pulled out a new oregon bar and you can see more of the driver tip,,,,,so i believe the drive was not keeping the hole cleared out enough,,going to try the oregon bar later on and see what happens,,,,the only thing i need to get used to is that the oiler only oils when the clutch is engaged,,so needless to say it uses less bar oil,,

Metal or plastic crankcase?

they are plastic,,,any of the gray models are the magnesium,,,,i am getting ready to run it wood this morn to see how much the muff mod opened it up,,

What do you mean by "gray"? All of the Echo saws in the current lineup are orange?

Thanks for info! Tough choice for me between Stihl MS391 and Echo CS-600P. The Echo is the better value, but I'd like to keep the saw for 20 yrs, like my current one, and Stihl will be easier to get parts, etc I think.
Enjoy that nice saw!!

as you can see by the drawing by following the arrows there is 2 sharp turns for the exhaust,,that why i said before it is a z formation,,i am going to take all 2 turns out and go straight out the front,,,

muff.jpg

Looks like a Jerry's kid drew that!

Thanks for info! Tough choice for me between Stihl MS391 and Echo CS-600P. The Echo is the better value, but I'd like to keep the saw for 20 yrs, like my current one, and Stihl will be easier to get parts, etc I think.
Enjoy that nice saw!!

Ya echos only last about 3 years def. get the stihl:ices_rofl:

Looks like a mean muff. I named it "Cyclops" for you man. Looks like you may have trouble with blowing exhaust ito the wood and without a screen just watch for fire. :)

Back