14" bar on a Stihl MS261?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axs

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
After calling around and Googling I can't find much about going shorter than 16" on the MS261. Stihl does't make a bar that short for the pro saws. Does anyone know which Oregon, Husky, Sugi, etc. would match up the most seamlessly? Changing the sprocket isn't a big deal.

U try cannon i have a few i believe they state they will make custom bars

U try cannon i have a few i believe they state they will make custom bars

Looks like they have the same size offerings as Stihl for Stihls.

LCS had 14" in Stihl mount RSN GB bars a while ago. Cheap too!

Like SAWMIKAZE asked, do they have a size that will mount-up to the MS261? ....of course I can pick up the phone and ask them later.

Oregon (and others) have13" and 15". These are standard choices in the European market.

Cannon and Oregon happen to have decent parts matchers on their websites. These are the Oregon options:

Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 10.15.36 AM.png

Does anyone know which is best?

Actually.... I might have only one option here unless I want to change the sprocket out too. Going Oregon SpeedCut 325 Micro Chisel chain + 15" SpeedCut bar is the only 7 tooth sprocket option....my saw is a 7.

I would do cannon picco 50 gauge if myselg im running 18 in super mini on my 026 with 8 rim sprocket ps chain best thing i have ever done as i statrd earlier

Looks like they have the same size offerings as Stihl for Stihls.

Like SAWMIKAZE asked, do they have a size that will mount-up to the MS261? ....of course I can pick up the phone and ask them later.

Cannon and Oregon happen to have decent parts matchers on their websites. These are the Oregon options:

View attachment 528549

Does anyone know which is best?

The 14" bars i saw were 3005 mount for the 241/250 etc , i didnt see any in the 3003 ... ill look again.

Actually.... I might have only one option here unless I want to change the sprocket out too. Going Oregon SpeedCut 325 Micro Chisel chain + 15" SpeedCut bar is the only 7 tooth sprocket option....my saw is a 7.
You can run your 7-tooth with those other two 15" bars too. All that chart is saying is that your saw is capable of pulling up to an 8-tooth sprocket (faster chain speed) with those bars. The 7-tooth will just run your chain a bit slower than the 8-tooth. In my opinion, you would be better off with the 7-tooth sprocket anyway on that 261.

Back