ArboristSite.com Sponsors

141 HUSKY Low emissons saw

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by ktoom, Nov 17, 2010.

1. ktoom

ktoom ArboristSite Operative

We have one at work and i can't get the saw to stay running. 2 yrs ago we thought it needed a muffler cuz it wouldnt run right< but if u took the muffler off it would rung great. Sooo 2 yrs later we finally got a muffler and this is what happens. Sometimes its starts for or it won't even pop. When it does attempt to run for 5 seconds it wont take any throttle and then dies. The carb got rebuilt and muffler got replaced. 130 psi of compression. fuel filter not clogged. I do see air bubbles in the fuel line though. I tried searching on here to find people with the same problem but didnt find much info.

2. ktoom

Bump

3. scottr

scottr Addicted to ArboristSite

If the piston and cylinder look good and it runs on fast idle then you probably need to increase the idle speed. Did you buy the stainless steel replacement muffler ?

4. ktoom

I believe they ordered the stock oem muffler. My boss asked me to get the saw going cuz I guess I'm the chainsaw guy at work. I went through the motions of trying to figure out why it won't run, but I was unsuccessful lol. I'm gonna keep messing with the carb cuz everything else seems to be okay.

5. CGC4200

CGC4200 Addicted to ArboristSite

air bubbles?

That sounds like a cracked or stiff fuel line that doesn't seal at carburetor or
    air purge/prime thingy.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010