'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've been reading on these threads for a while...I'm wondering though why the 620 and not the 680?

As I compare them on the Echo site, seems like the 620 is lower displacement, heavier, and higher price vs. the 680.

If you're going with a 590 then mod'ing it, that seems reasonable, but when you're getting to the price of the 620, or even the 600, the 680 seems like a better tool...maybe street prices are quite a bit lower on the 600/620s, or maybe there's something lurking I don't see about the 680.

Just curious on the thoughts here.

The CS-620 is smaller displacement (59.8cc v 66.7cc) and lighter (6.3kg v 6.6kg) than the CS-680, but with more power stock (4.52hp v 4.43hp). See http://www.echotools.com/products/category/contents_type=26. The CS-680 is an older design that goes back to the CS-670s, whereas the CS-620 is a newer design based on a Shindaiwa.

I have a CS-680 and I find it is a great saw, smooth and torquey, but it is not all that fast and is quite heavy and bulky. IMO the CS-680 is built more rugged (look at the air filter for example). The CS-620 is also available in a wrap handle, and that makes it preferable to many who are regularly felling.

I was going off this site:
http://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Chain-Saws/Compare-Chain-Saws

Shows the 620 @ 13.7#, the 680 @12.5# was the basis of my weight comment.

I recognized the displacement difference, but figured more was better if it didn't come at much cost in $ or #. Throttle response and the design differences not something I could see online..hence the comment.

Any advantage for the outside feeling dogs? Found some on eBay and I'm thinking about ordering them if they actually serve a purpose for my 590. Also think it will look cool

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Homeowner/firewood perspective:

I picked up a CS-590 a couple weeks ago from a suggestion by rmh3481. My 031AV with a 20" speed tip is heavy and quite fatiguing to use, even though i resurrected it and runs fantastically for a 40+ year old saw... Got the Echo for $300 as a demo model from a local landscape equipment shop. Seller said it had just over an hour of use on it, but I dont believe him now. The bar looked quite worn and the bar looks and feels like a POS. The sprocket has more wear than 1 hour's worth IMO.... Date of manufacture is March 2016. I removed the muffler screen and bottom deflector, "greased" the air filter plenum, and turned up the fuel a little bit 1/2 turn is all it needed, and put on a new Oregon LGX chain. Night and day difference between both saws. Very low vibration, faster and feels lighter.

When comparing chains, I did notice that the Carlton (Woodland PRo) 30RC (on my 031AV) and the Oregon LGX cut differently, 30RC throws larger square chips, whereas the LGX is more thin-longer chips... I may upgrade the CS590 to a 20" Oregon Power Match or a Pro Lite.

So whats the deal with filters? Are they easily cleaned, reusable?

Homeowner/firewood perspective:

I picked up a CS-590 a couple weeks ago from a suggestion by rmh3481. My 031AV with a 20" speed tip is heavy and quite fatiguing to use, even though i resurrected it and runs fantastically for a 40+ year old saw... Got the Echo for $300 as a demo model from a local landscape equipment shop. Seller said it had just over an hour of use on it, but I dont believe him now. The bar looked quite worn but it also looks and feels like a POS. The sprocket has more wear than 1 hour's worth IMO.... Date of manufacture is March 2016. I removed the muffler screen and bottom deflector, "greased" the air filter plenum, and turned up the fuel a little bit 1/2 turn is all it needed, and put on a new Oregon LGX chain. Night and day difference between both saws. Very low vibration, faster and feels lighter.

When comparing chains, I did notice that the Carlton (Woodland PRo) 30RC (on my 031AV) and the Oregon LGX cut differently, 30RC throws larger square chips, whereas the LGX is more thin-longer chips... I may upgrade the CS590 to a 20" Oregon Power Match or a Pro Lite.

So whats the deal with filters? Are they easily cleaned, reusable?
Hello sir I see your not far from me. You would need to cut alot of wood to need a new filter on the 590 in my opinion I probly have 20+ tanks on mine still on the factory filter. They cut well above there pay grade.

If your ever in the Hanover PA area put a post up maybe we can meet up.

Back